Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread
Nov 5, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #151 of 160
The headphone stand you made looks fantastic. Thanks for the DIY parts and instructions list, I am now tempted to make one for myself.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #153 of 160
Congrats on the Shiny Object acquisition. I hope it is everything you dream of it being. '

Regarding the headphone stands, I really like this stand..

Should be easy to make.. just turn a round on the lathe and cut a slice off the side.. One round should make about 6 stands.. The rest is easy.. May try to turn some blanks this weekend. Anyone want to try one?

Here is a site with many more ideas: http://headphonescout.com/stands/

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #154 of 160
I'm talking to Overture Audio about our next meet, for wihch March 21, 2015 is one proposed date (other dates possible... idea is to stay away from March Madness Basketball days).

How many people were at our last one, in Troy?  Any estimates?

Thanks!

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #155 of 160
21st sounds good to me. I wasn't at the last one though

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #156 of 160
zabzaf estimates we had about 15 folks.  Keith, owner of Overture Audio, is seeing if Jude (head-fi.org originator) is available on that date, and is checking with manufacturers as well for possibly joining us.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #157 of 160

Detroit Meet ,

Did you lads look at the snaps ? , you may be able to do a head count from them .  

I would've guessed 25 , there was enough Pizza for that many plus a bunch more ! 

There are others , out there , that missed out on this meet .   

Probably , getting out in front of the next Date by a goodly amount of time would allow a proper lead time to advertise in every segment of this Head-fi site .   Perhaps offering a Ticket raffle for a nice Prize would draw fence sitters ( like me ) , the small local vintage car shows do this , sometimes called a 50-50 raffle .    
  Offering a chance to listen to a Top System like the HD800s on the new Schiit big stuff would be an enticing Banner offer . 
  Any way you look at it , it will be a Big showing of attendees , these little local meets are getting great press coverage on Head-fi .   
  Be nice if Jude would show-up to Autograph T-Shirts for people , Celeb stuff is Huge now-a-days ! 
  You could also invite the Regional OPPO sales rep to put-up a display , OPPO is headphone active nowadays .  

Tony in Michigan

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #159 of 160
Exciting 2015 meet news being announced this weekend!

Keep an eye out for a new meet thread being posted soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back