Metallica Live...worth the $?
Nov 11, 2009 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Baba booey

Headphoneus Supremus
So, I go to SUNY Albany and they're playing tomorrow at the Times Union Center(formerly Knickerbocker Arena/Pepsi Arena).
I've been checking out craigslist and people are getting about $50-60 for upper deck seats and about $70-90 for lower level seats($100+ for floor, but that's too much for me).

Is it worth the $? Are they really good live, or are you just paying for the name(considering they're not what they were...as in...back before I was born)?
Is it a good venue for a concert?

Thanks in advance,
Alex
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 27
I have seen them once live, 2 years ago on Pinkpop. That`s an open air festival in Holland.

They are great musicians, the show is good. I think it`s worth the money
I myself enjoyed the gig very much, the old songs kicks ass.
60 dollar that`s like 40 euros, not all too bad for a metallica show.

Can`t say much about the venue, never been there
wink_face.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 27
I saw them in 2001 and they put on a very good show - definitely go see them.

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 27
I'm going on Saturday to watch them perform at MSG. My friends who went last year all said it was awesome.

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #7 of 27
Yes, if they stick mainly to their older songs. They are not in their best shape anymore so some solos do get simplified, but they got the stage charisma. Atleast when I saw them few months ago (first time I saw them live too) it was really great! And they mainly sticked to their old songs too, with few newer ones here and there.

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #8 of 27
if they keep all their pre-load material to a minimum i'd still say not at those prices

if they were using a time machine to put their younger selves on stage and played nothing from after the black album i'd say yes

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #12 of 27
Saw them in the summer. Was a bit skeptical at first like you, but I had a blast, literally! (They have by far, the loudest and tightest sound I've ever heard on any live band) Despite Lars sloppy drumming and the couple of load, re-load songs they throw here and there, totally worth it!
beerchug.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by backtofront001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one of my all time favorite bands. Saw them december 2008 -- amazing show, literally. Paid $120, saw them very first row and got an audio recording of the show i went to

WOW 71 posts in 3 years. That has got to be a record here. Awesome!

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #15 of 27
Why is that awesome? Does his posts suck that hard lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back