Metallica Live...worth the $?
Nov 12, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #16 of 27
So...that person I was gunna get those cheap seats from never called back yesterday, I called them an hour ago and they said they basically got people bidding on them and the asking price doubled...oh well.

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #17 of 27
I hope they play songs from Death Magnetic. The Unforgiven III is amazing imo.

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW 71 posts in 3 years. That has got to be a record here. Awesome!

haha. I got into headfi 3 yrs ago when I joined, just purchased IEM's and was gonna get a Tomahawk at the time but b/c it was so expensive, I let go of the idea. Then I logged back on about a year and a half ago and got some SR80's and there was no looking back after that. Now i own multiple cans, amps, DAC...man this place is awesome! (not for my financial condition though)

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #19 of 27
My brother in law is at that show right now. He just texted me to say that Lamb Of God is awesome.

Nov 13, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #20 of 27
Just got back from the show
Thoughts:
The opener was eh, but what do you expect...
Lamb of God was pretty good, I really enjoyed Ruin and Laid to Rest.
Metallica was amazing, they played about half of death magnetic, with parts of Black Album, Ride The Lightning, ...and justice for all, and Kill 'em all mixed in. The best personally were Master of Puppets, Day that never comes, nothing else matters, and Enter sandman.

I got a ticket last minute on craigslist for $60, ended up in the 100 level seats...I probably would've enjoyed it more in the pit, but whatever..it was well worth it nonetheless. I'd say at this point if you haven't seen them yet, go do it...you won't regret it.

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got back from the show
Thoughts:
The opener was eh, but what do you expect...
Lamb of God was pretty good, I really enjoyed Ruin and Laid to Rest.
Metallica was amazing, they played about half of death magnetic, with parts of Black Album, Ride The Lightning, ...and justice for all, and Kill 'em all mixed in. The best personally were Master of Puppets, Day that never comes, nothing else matters, and Enter sandman.

I got a ticket last minute on craigslist for $60, ended up in the 100 level seats...I probably would've enjoyed it more in the pit, but whatever..it was well worth it nonetheless. I'd say at this point if you haven't seen them yet, go do it...you won't regret it.

That's what I want to hear. I'm going to see them at MSG tomorrow night. I wish I paid $60 for my ticket. I was going to buy mine off CL, but after what I saw at the Evanescence concert last week, I'm real skeptical about buying tickets on CL.

*Explanation: So the Evanescence concert was ticketless, when you get to the door, you give your credit card + id and they scan it to see how many tickets are under your name. The people in front of my group flashed 2 tickets and they were promptly thrown off the line. Double fail on their part, spent money and didn't get in.

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #24 of 27
They know how the put on a good show
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

edit: That's more than 1.6mil soviets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back