Meta-total spent since joining Head-Fi: $1,369,842.35
May 6, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #151 of 677
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is this one a double post?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know a friend of a friend, who owns an arab oil company, has spent $160 million dollars on headphone-related audio gear. so you can add that to the list.

Is this status post Head-Fi?

May 7, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #152 of 677
+275

May 7, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #154 of 677
What do you count? Just headphone and portable audio related spending? Or also your 2 channel and home theater systems? (Although those are more Audiogon influenced than Head-Fi influenced.) What about additions to your music collection? What about the cost of attending various Head-Fi meets (airfare, hotels, rental cars, etc.). Anyway, it's too much to count no matter how I look at it, but I do enjoy the people, the place, and the gear purchases that it inspires.

May 7, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #155 of 677
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you count? Just headphone and portable audio related spending? Or also your 2 channel and home theater systems? (Although those are more Audiogon influenced than Head-Fi influenced.) What about additions to your music collection? What about the cost of attending various Head-Fi meets (airfare, hotels, rental cars, etc.). Anyway, it's too much to count no matter how I look at it, but I do enjoy the people, the place, and the gear purchases that it inspires.

It's difficult to define an exact line, especially since we all go off in our own directions after coming to this place. Someone might spend a tremendous amount on gear, and another might spend gobs on music. I suppose a good rule of thumb is: a) money spent after visiting here and b) money spent as a semi-direct result of visiting here. Since I probably would have continued to spend the same on music regardless of Head-Fi, I counted only my gear. My rig is PC based, but I would have spent the same on (most) hardware as well.

Meet attendance cost is a good one.

May 7, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #156 of 677
sig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back