Meta Mint aka Minime!
May 24, 2003 at 5:26 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
Because the **** is often nude, revealing, and/or close-up pics of the most intimate parts of an amp or component. They’re pics we can drool over as headphone and headAmp geeks.
wink.gif

I'm glad I can always count on Sol to request **** pics for us. His relentless pursuit of amp **** is part of the charm of this forum to me.

very_evil_smiley.gif

May 25, 2003 at 7:05 PM Post #20 of 28
Nicely done Norm!!! Also like the Umbra MINT.

Now for the big question... how does it sound?

Bruce

May 26, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by BDA_ABAT
Nicely done Norm!!! Also like the Umbra MINT.

Now for the big question... how does it sound?

Bruce

Thanks for the compliments.

The Mint sounds great with a single 9v, and awesome with 18v. Too bad the 2 x 9v doesn't fit in Minime!

Just for the record, I've built the cut board a few times now and I find it easier to cut the board before populating it.
If you build first, leave out RLED until you cut the board or you may take a slice off the resistor!

Tangent has created a great sounding and extremely versatile PCB in the Mint. I think we are just scratching the surface of it's capabilities.

May 26, 2003 at 12:06 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by was ist los?
Tigger is using a Hammond 1455.
Tigger: about the volume knobs. The one on the larger amp in the pic, what size is it and does it fit an Alps Blue?

The case is Digi-Key part # 1455C801-ND

The knob on Minime is Mouser part # 450-6015 and is .63"
The other knob is part # 450-6016 and is .87"

Either knob will fit an Alps Blue Velvet if you shorten the shaft ( 30 seconds with a hacksaw )

If you build a Minime, don't forget to insulate between the board edges and the case with electrical tape or similar. Some parts and traces are close enough to the edge to possibly short the amp.

In the end, the hardest part is machining out the inside of the case to make room for the battery. This thing is strong, you could probably drive over it without crushing the case!

On the subject of changing the battery, it takes about 45 seconds. Just remove two screws and you're there.

For what it's worth, this thing is small enough to fit in an Airbag!

May 26, 2003 at 1:25 PM Post #28 of 28
That looks sooo cool, i might have to buy one just to look at it!
biggrin.gif
The silver colour would go well with sony MD's.

Can you power the minime with a dc plug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back