Meta Mint aka Minime!
May 22, 2003 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 28
Very nice presentation, I like the blue LED. How did you, and how hard was it to make a 9V fit in that little box?

May 22, 2003 at 10:34 PM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by sonichead
Very nice presentation, I like the blue LED. How did you, and how hard was it to make a 9V fit in that little box?

First of all the Mint board has to be cut - this allows board mounting the pot. You then attach the amp. to the front panel complete with jacks & LED. Make sure you mount the amp as far toward the right hand side as possible. Place a 9v battery through the rear panel and you will see how much material you have to remove from the inside of the case. This was done with a Dremmel using a rotary file.
I mounted the switch on the rear panel on the same side as the board but you could easily mount the input jack here instead.Have fun!

May 22, 2003 at 10:49 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by tigger
First of all the Mint board has to be cut - this allows board mounting the pot. You then attach the amp. to the front panel complete with jacks & LED. Make sure you mount the amp as far toward the right hand side as possible. Place a 9v battery through the rear panel and you will see how much material you have to remove from the inside of the case. This was done with a Dremmel using a rotary file.
I mounted the switch on the rear panel on the same side as the board but you could easily mount the input jack here instead.Have fun!

Glad to hear it was done with a dremel, and not some big fancy thing! I may get one to replace my altoids case once I finish it.

May 22, 2003 at 10:50 PM Post #9 of 28
How about some **** pics so we can see the work you did to make it fit?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2003 at 12:17 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
How about some **** pics so we can see the work you did to make it fit?
smily_headphones1.gif

and so delicately phrased too...

May 23, 2003 at 1:45 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Gino
I understand what "**** pic" means by now but how did this term come about?

I have no idea, but few here will ignore a picture of scantly-clad op-amps and protoboards
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2003 at 1:47 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Gino
I understand what "**** pic" means by now but how did this term come about?

Because the **** is often nude, revealing, and/or close-up pics of the most intimate parts of an amp or component. They’re pics we can drool over as headphone and headAmp geeks.
wink.gif

Show me your chips, baby!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2003 at 2:01 AM Post #14 of 28
show me your chips baby is problay sol'd favorite line. and yes you know you love it.
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2003 at 6:53 PM Post #15 of 28
I just can't get over the mini to mini on that one, looks awesome!

Description and maybe ****
wink.gif
will do nicely too

Mat
Ps. And the 90ø jacks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back