META 42! How do I get one!
Nov 13, 2002 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mberlin74

New Head-Fier
I have read quite a few posts here about different amps and it seems that a very many people think the META42 is a great amp. Does anybody have a link to a picture of this amp? If I decide to get one who do I speak to?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2002 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 5
mberlin74,

[apparently puppyslug got here first, whilst i was in the midst of writing this
tongue.gif
]

to have someone build you a META42, send PM's to JMT and KurtW about your interest, and perhaps include what equipment you would use, what you listen to, etc...

for PICS:

here's Wodgy's amazing homebuilt DIY wood n steel META42. its absolutely gorgeous, and a great idea for a case.

tangent is not currently taking orderes, but here are some of his METAs

Pigmode's red META by JMT

here is macdef's blue, portable Meta42 by KurtW

scroll down in this thread to see a beautiful silver Hammond case META42

i want to thank Morsel, Eric343, Tangent, Apheared, PPL (list stolen from a JMT quote
wink.gif
), JMT, tangent, kurtw, and all the other DIY amp builders who work hard so that all of us can better appreciate music.

i cant wait for my meta to arrive this week/next week.

also, to the mods: i hate to be a real pain, but ill bring up once again the point that these threads keep appearing. it seems like twice a week we get threads on "what's a meta42"..."where can i get an amp"...etc

i myself started at least one, so im not blaming anyone. we're all new to this at some point, and we all want to learn. its a ton of fun discovering this for the first time.

however, i'm sure the veteran members here are perhaps tired of posting the same messages over and over.

i still believe it would be useful to have a sticky thread, listing who builds them, links to DIY instructions, pics of amps (i know there is an amp guide for commmercial and DIY amps already, but maybe a few examples of a cmoy, CHA47, META42 would be appreciated), links to Head-fiers reviews/threads commenting on the amps...

again, i may volunteer my services for this, or at least in assisting this cause. i will shut up now.

thanks all

Nov 13, 2002 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 5
x1lexure

i can understand that. however, it truly is little different from several posts a week saying "send JMT/KurtW a PM"...

what im proposing is saying just that, only in one thread, instead of the usual one per week.

to me, it seems like ppl come to this site often looking for information. i would imagine its far easier to browse through a sticky thread, with all the safe, non-advertising information posted in one place...saving the reading the time and delay of having to post their own thread soliciting that very same info from the members of this community.

anyway, im done. im not going to divert the theme of this thread any farther. i think i provided what mberlin74 was asking for:

1) how to get an amp (JMT & Kurt)
2) for pics (i provided several links)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back