Message field has become extremely problematic.
Sep 29, 2010 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

runswithaliens

100+ Head-Fier
Currently using the latest version of Firefox on Windoze 7. The cursor no longer shows up in the Message field. If I click out of the box then try to get back into the box to type some more it becomes nearly impossible to continue and usually ends up deleting everything I have typed so far. Just for this post I have had to start over already from the beginning due to this issue. Gave up earlier on two different attempts to post a reply in the forums and also trying to create a new issue. I don't think anything has changed on my computer to cause this issue.

Edit: Just as a test I clicked on Edit and while editing I can actually see and use the cursor so there is that.

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #4 of 22
Happened to me while typing this reply... I'm getting it about 50% of the time. Firefox, Win 7 all up to date.

Sep 30, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #6 of 22
This is REALLY annoying!
The only "real" way for me to reply to posts is to write the reply in a text editor, then copy/paste into the reply field.

As the reply field:
* No cursor
* No line shifts (Enter button do nothing)
* No way to move left/right and edit text
* No spellcheck

Running Camino 2.1a1pre on Mac OS X 10.6.4.

How about just bring back the BBCode editor - which in 7 years caused us no such problems.
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 22
Now I have to do the 'source' trick every single time I want to post, including this one. 100% fail.

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #9 of 22
same problem here- everything the krmathis mentioned.  I only have one go at it, or I have to just use the delete button letter by letter to get back, or reload the page and start over...

I'm using a mac, with firefox and all the latest and greatest

Oct 13, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #10 of 22
I am having lots of problems with the message field too.
Posting images doesn't work ("A temporary error occurred. Please retry your request."). Posting Youtube videos doesn't work (a rectangle appears with no video in it). The cursor disappears like mentioned above.

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #11 of 22
Same issues here. I, too, figured out that switching to Source then back fixes the issue.

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #12 of 22
Still a 100% problem. I always have to cycle the source button. I almost don't even think about it anymore I have to do it so often. Please fix this.

Oct 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #14 of 22
Still there with new version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back