Mercuttio.....WHy DO I NEED AN AMP?
Feb 28, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
The first part's right, but your conclusion is backwards. No matter what he does, he still gets helpful, courteous answers - it's called positive reinforcement. If you really have serious objections to his behavior, then don't answer his questions.

Here, here. Market incentives anyone?
biggrin.gif

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
I want to take this time to say that I love this forum becaues everyone is very nice and polite and there are rarely any flame wars. Despite our pretzle or churro preferences most everyone gets along and thats unique to most of the forums I've been a part of.

Yes, this is one of the most well-mannered forums I have ever come across on the Internet. Although, I guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise, since the kind of people who spend hundreds of dollars on headphones can be assumed to be more classy than your average Internet smacktard.

Feb 28, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #33 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCory
Yes, this is one of the most well-mannered forums I have ever come across on the Internet. Although, I guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise, since the kind of people who spend hundreds of dollars on headphones can be assumed to be more classy than your average Internet smacktard.

Not by a long shot. Head on over to the Cables subforum some time and watch the fur fly.

Feb 28, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #34 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
Not by a long shot. Head on over to the Cables subforum some time and watch the fur fly.

Fur... and some other stuff...
rolleyes.gif

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #35 of 50
Don't forge the portable audio forum, the fanboys go to war every few days. (or minutes, depends on the season)

Feb 28, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #36 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
Put it this way: You ask a question in a rather nasty tone, and get a courteous, well-worded and intelligent response. It happens again, and you get more anwsers. If you're going to get angry with the anwsers that we give, don't ask any more questions. All we are doing is attempting to help you as we were once helped. If you do not want to talk to any of us, use the search function, or leave the forum entirely. This is not a place for inappropriate language or rude behaviour. We try and use the Golden Rule here, and so far it has worked quite well. If you would like to continue here at headfi (and I hope you will, I'm always glad to see someone else come into the hobby) please try to abide by the same rules of conduct that we try to. Thank you very much sir, and I duly apologize about the state that your wallet will soon be in.

http://www.ehponline.org/docs/2005/113-2/crybaby.jpg

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #39 of 50
dolla, if you keep disrespecting the members here (who are/were trying to help you) you're not gonna last. And don't give me this tough guy crud, real men don't act like you. You neither show respect nor deserve it. You ain't nothin'. Please stop acting like a child and grow up.

BTW, if you wanna see what many of guys here really look like, go to the post your picture thread. Some of us ain't nerds by a large margin.

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
dolla, if you keep disrespecting the members here (who are/were trying to help you) you're not gonna last. And don't give me this tough guy crud, real men don't act like you. You neither show respect nor show it. You ain't nothin'. Please stop acting like a child and grow up.

BTW, if you wanna see what many of guys here really look like, go to the post your picture thread. Some of us ain't nerds by a large margin.

EDIT: Is it me, or there more and more newbie trolls?

[size=xx-large]
|o|/\|^493[/size]

I couldn't resist, in all seriousness I would recommend starting out with headphones that do not require amps in order to get your feet wet. Try cheap IEM's, KSC's, and others. It will help you gain appreciation for higher level audio in the future. This will also help determine your taste. Purchasing several headphones and amps at the same time will be too hard to evaluate, like doing a science experiment with 2 independent variables.

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #41 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dollaboy
I smell another deleted thread..................

I wasn't exactly directing the comment to Mercuttio, I just put his name in the title for a better chance of response.

It's called marketing.

Thanks Head-Fi, You Guys really know how to get the party started

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/imag...ngenerds_2.jpg

yeah, you must have alot of friends. How old are you?

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #42 of 50
I think he's a kid probably 15 or 16 yrs old. My kid is 16 but he's much more polite than this idiot one.

And you know what idiot kid do? They start out asking stupid question and than you give them good answer but they don't understand and ask more stupid question and that's where the nerves kick in and you have to give them a slap in the face and tell them to think before ask.

And sorry Dollaboy, but this is an example of you.

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #44 of 50
He's probably in his 20s. Anyhow, what would probably be the most reasonable response is to simply ignore him. Trolls are tremendously dependent upon community response, so you're effectively cutting off his lifeblood by doing it. I'm not saying he's that fragile in general (nor do I really care), but within this context it probably isn't necessary to treat him otherwise.

Anyhow, that's all for me in this thread. I'll leave it up to the rest of you to decide what you want to do about it.

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back