Mercuttio.....WHy DO I NEED AN AMP?
Feb 28, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #16 of 50
Most good cars won't run very smoothly if you put crude oil into their tanks. The best headphones in the world will sound bad if you run a crappy signal through them. Headphone amps, high-quality cables (subject to subjectivity, of course), etc. help get the best possible material to the headphones so that they can sound their best.

EDIT: Enough with the "n00b"ing, guys. That's just .. no.

Feb 28, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #17 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks
EDIT: Enough with the "n00b"ing, guys. That's just .. no.

Well, the guy does seem to be angry whenever he starts a thread. Insulting the people he's asking for help from just isn't smart. Does he forget that he too is a head-fier with pretty much the same goals as the rest of us?

It's not that hard to just ask nicely instead of being rude.

Feb 28, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #18 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Well, the guy does seem to be angry whenever he starts a thread. Insulting the people he's asking for help from just isn't smart. Does he forget that he too is a head-fier with pretty much the same goals as the rest of us?

It's not that hard to just ask nicely instead of being rude.

I think I'm more miffed that I gave good advice, and he was rude again.

Feb 28, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #19 of 50
I have some connections and illegal stashes of Prozac...

But seriously, I'm also a noob, and I haven't attacked other people when asking questions. If you hate the idea of having to get an amp and all that other crap, then shoot lower and buy an efficient pair of cans like the SR-60 or an IEM in the same price range (E3C, Er-6i, etc. if I'm not mistaken). You'll have a step down in SQ, but you won't have to buy other parts for music enjoyment.

Feb 28, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #20 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I think I'm more miffed that I gave good advice, and he was rude again.

Dollaboy, learn some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
People here are trying ot help, but every friggin' time, you go into a spaz and try to start some sort of fight.

Feb 28, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #21 of 50
Put it this way: You ask a question in a rather nasty tone, and get a courteous, well-worded and intelligent response. It happens again, and you get more anwsers. If you're going to get angry with the anwsers that we give, don't ask any more questions. All we are doing is attempting to help you as we were once helped. If you do not want to talk to any of us, use the search function, or leave the forum entirely. This is not a place for inappropriate language or rude behaviour. We try and use the Golden Rule here, and so far it has worked quite well. If you would like to continue here at headfi (and I hope you will, I'm always glad to see someone else come into the hobby) please try to abide by the same rules of conduct that we try to. Thank you very much sir, and I duly apologize about the state that your wallet will soon be in.

Feb 28, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #23 of 50
everyone's attitude is why I keep coming back to this site since I found it less than a month ago. (usually) everyone is responsive, and helpfull. that's what makes up for the non-usefull questions and responses.

Feb 28, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #24 of 50
The OP so far has 17 post so far. Every thread that he has started begins with a
mad.gif
, like he's got attitude or something.

Feb 28, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #25 of 50
if you dont want to buy an amp or recable or anything like that... then i suggest you look into another pair of headphones... perhaps the ATH-a series since it doesnt need an amp or any extras... plus its a fairly good all rounder...

Feb 28, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
The OP so far has 17 post so far. Every thread that he has started begins with a
mad.gif
, like he's got attitude or something.

Internet toughguy + headphones = what the hell

Feb 28, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #27 of 50
I don't know if it's his gimmick, or what, but continuing to humour his posts seems to only reinforce his behaviour.

Feb 28, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #28 of 50
I want to take this time to say that I love this forum becaues everyone is very nice and polite and there are rarely any flame wars. Despite our pretzle or churro preferences most everyone gets along and thats unique to most of the forums I've been a part of.

Feb 28, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #29 of 50
This has been one of the best reads in the last couple weeks. I love these flame threads.

Feb 28, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #30 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
Put it this way: You ask a question in a rather nasty tone, and get a courteous, well-worded and intelligent response. It happens again, and you get more anwsers. If you're going to get angry with the anwsers that we give, don't ask any more questions.

The first part's right, but your conclusion is backwards. No matter what he does, he still gets helpful, courteous answers - it's called positive reinforcement. If you really have serious objections to his behavior, then don't answer his questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back