Memorial Day "Make an Offer" Sale
May 20, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #16 of 24
  I gave it a try on the Westone UM 30 Clear today.  It shows a retail of $399...tried $299 and it was accepted.  Is that a good deal?  Or...the better question, is 25% a good deal?

Also, I thought I could try three times on one item?  After only one try, I'm now getting the message to come back and try again the next day. (o_o)

EDIT: I misread...it's three times per day.  None the less, I got that message just after the first one? :frowning2:

I see your post was edited BUT if you checked Amazon before buying then that question you posed previously:
"Is that a good deal" would have been answered with an obvious yes 
cool.gif

May 21, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #19 of 24
What a difference a day makes. I went from "no thanks" yesterday to "gotta move some money around" today.

Got a price I can live with on some LCD-3s (just don't tell my wife).

May 21, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #20 of 24

I see your post was edited BUT if you checked Amazon before buying then that question you posed previously:
"Is that a good deal" would have been answered with an obvious yes 
cool.gif

Thanks for your response!  What I'm wondering is if performance is worth the price tag.  I've seen some posts in my past browsing that claimed headphone 'A' is either: a) a huge steal, b) worth it but if you have extra cash go for headphone 'B', or c) totally overpriced.  I certainly understand that I need to take into account listening preference--while person 'A' might find it a bargain, person 'B' might not.  And, looking back, I wasn't very clear in my first post.

So far, from what I'm reading of the reviews on this, one I recall said it's VERY warm...and that's not exactly what I'm looking for.  But another review had me thinking maybe they're at the level of "worth it but if you have extra cash go for headphone B".  I've also been waiting to get a similar deal on the UE4's (25%...the one i missed from the recent CANJAM!) but it looks like I'd have to wait a long while for that chance (if they even do it again) and...tbh...I'm getting the itch for some good IEMs right now in this price range.  
biggrin.gif
  Based on reviews alone, it sounds like I would enjoy the UE4...and that it would be custom-molded for me.

May 21, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #22 of 24

Thanks for your response!  What I'm wondering is if performance is worth the price tag.  I've seen some posts in my past browsing that claimed headphone 'A' is either: a) a huge steal, b) worth it but if you have extra cash go for headphone 'B', or c) totally overpriced.  I certainly understand that I need to take into account listening preference--while person 'A' might find it a bargain, person 'B' might not.  And, looking back, I wasn't very clear in my first post.

So far, from what I'm reading of the reviews on this, one I recall said it's VERY warm...and that's not exactly what I'm looking for.  But another review had me thinking maybe they're at the level of "worth it but if you have extra cash go for headphone B".  I've also been waiting to get a similar deal on the UE4's (25%...the one i missed from the recent CANJAM!) but it looks like I'd have to wait a long while for that chance (if they even do it again) and...tbh...I'm getting the itch for some good IEMs right now in this price range.  
biggrin.gif
  Based on reviews alone, it sounds like I would enjoy the UE4...and that it would be custom-molded for me.

Well opinion is everything regarding value.

My only experience with Westone (who has a great reputation) was with the Westone 3.It sounded ok but the cables were poorly designed  IMO and broke despite kindly treatment 
mad.gif

Unlike Amazon, according to their website (the website we are currently commenting on (
redface.gif
) )won't take returns after products are opened.
Therefore, buy with caution unless you know what you want.

That said, Sonic do have a price matching policy (at the very least)  and otherwise seem nice so.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back