Memorial Day "Make an Offer" Sale
May 19, 2015 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

SonicElectronix

Sponsor: SonicElectronix
Hey Headfi'ers,

Check out our "make an offer" sale going on now just for headfi'ers. What's the "make an offer" sale you might ask?

It's exactly what it sounds like. Go to this page. Here you'll be able to get three chances per day to make us an offer on the headphone you want. As soon as you submit your offer, we'll immediately let you know if we can match your price. Good luck!!

May 19, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 24
  I tried this on the last post you made and never worked, never heard anything back.

You don't hear back from anyone via email or call.  A pop-up box will show up where you put the amount you want to pay.  If it falls below there lowest price, it will give you the option to add to cart.  If it doesn't, it will tell you that your amount it too low.  It's pretty easy unless your browser is not functioning properly.

May 19, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 24
It's a slightly--and I mean slightly--lower price, but after sales tax and shipping the prices are pretty much the same as the best deals on Amazon. What kind of "sale" is that? Thanks for wasting my time.

May 20, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 24
  It's a slightly--and I mean slightly--lower price, but after sales tax and shipping the prices are pretty much the same as the best deals on Amazon. What kind of "sale" is that? Thanks for wasting my time.

Yessir.

In addition, the normal listed prices on Sonic claim to be adjustable to match other prices(amazon for example).
I`ve no doubt this is true and that`s fine.I`ve actually had a positive shopping experience with them recently.

Despite this, the listed price is often WAY WAY more than Amazon(among others).
Not the best way to get new customers IMO.
Especially considering most people I know go to the amazon sight by default to buy or compare prices

I would`t mention this normally but because this because this thread was advertised as "just for headfi`ers"(a notably picky bunch of folks),
I thought I`d add my 2 cents.

May 20, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 24
Kind of a weird sale format but I got a very decent quote for the W40s out of curiosity... and now thinking I might want to get them, so I guess it's a good tactic, lol.

May 20, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #9 of 24
I recently had a very positive experience with Sonic Electronix--great price and excellent service. If you're in the market, I would definitely recommend giving them a shot.

May 20, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #11 of 24
I gave it a try on the Westone UM 30 Clear today.  It shows a retail of $399...tried $299 and it was accepted.  Is that a good deal?  Or...the better question, is 25% a good deal?

Also, I thought I could try three times on one item?  After only one try, I'm now getting the message to come back and try again the next day. (o_o)

EDIT: I misread...it's three times per day.  None the less, I got that message just after the first one? :frowning2:

May 20, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #12 of 24
  I gave it a try on the Westone UM 30 Clear today.  It shows a retail of $399...tried $299 and it was accepted.  Is that a good deal?  Or...the better question, is 25% a good deal?

Also, I thought I could try three times on one item?  After only one try, I'm now getting the message to come back and try again the next day. (o_o)

EDIT: I misread...it's three times per day.  None the less, I got that message just after the first one? :frowning2:

Same here. I only got 1 try and couldn't bid more. :frowning2:
$299 for the UM30 is a great price imo.

May 20, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #13 of 24

Yessir.

In addition, the normal listed prices on Sonic claim to be adjustable to match other prices(amazon for example).
I`ve no doubt this is true and that`s fine.I`ve actually had a positive shopping experience with them recently.

Despite this, the listed price is often WAY WAY more than Amazon(among others).
Not the best way to get new customers IMO.
Especially considering most people I know go to the amazon sight by default to buy or compare prices

I would`t mention this normally but because this because this thread was advertised as "just for headfi`ers"(a notably picky bunch of folks),
I thought I`d add my 2 cents.

Thanks for the feedback. We aren't advertising this page anywhere else except for headfi

May 20, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #14 of 24
  That was my first thought too. Amazon has those listed for $339. They've also got the HD700 listed for $582 instead of the $750 on the make an offer site. 

Our make and offer system isn't quite perfect all the time. If there is an individual item that you really want and our offer wasn't good enough, just pm me directly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back