Melosinnovations.com ???
Dec 16, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 21
That's very interesting.

Judging by the looks of the website either someone is pulling our leg or it needs some major updating. There's not even a link to click on to email them. I'd love it if this were true, but I won't get my hopes up yet.

Dec 17, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #8 of 21
Both emails bounced back.
mad.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #9 of 21
Here's some info about the domain owner:

7193> whois melosinnovations.com

Registrant:
Melos Audio
16051 Parkside Drive
Parker, Colorado 80134
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: MELOSINNOVATIONS.COM
Created on: 29-Aug-06
Expires on: 30-Aug-07
Last Updated on: 29-Aug-06

Administrative Contact:
handley, RJ npgdude@hotmail.com
Melos Audio
16051 Parkside Drive
Parker, Colorado 80134
United States

Technical Contact:
handley, RJ npgdude@hotmail.com
Melos Audio
16051 Parkside Drive
Parker, Colorado 80134
United States

Domain servers in listed order:
PARK19.SECURESERVER.NET
PARK20.SECURESERVER.NET

Jan 31, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #10 of 21
The website has changed, says it will be coming in Spring 2007:
Coming in Spring, 2007! Rod Handley of the Nova Physics Group and The Memory Player fame has created a new company that offers all new designs for all Melos Audio models! New, tough, robust & highly reliable ALL TUBE designs that remain faithful to the beautiful "Melos Sound" which competed with the finest equipment on earth, won many awards and garnered over 200 rave reviews. All of the upgrades are designed by the original designer of all Melos equipment, Mark Porzilli, making Melos Innovations THE ONLY AUTHORIZED MELOS AUDIO UPGRADE AND REPAIR CENTER IN THE WORLD! Full repair support will be available for all models (some digital models may only support upgrading). Guaranteed repairs and even extended warranties are available for all upgraded Melos gear! Over 14,000 Melos owners worldwide can now see their Melos equipment go dramatically up in value as this classic gear will, once again will enjoy a total support facility. And the upgrades to retrofit in existing Melos products will bring your Melos gear to the state of of art, comparable with ANY current products. AND it will be the only AUTHORIZED Melos Upgrade/Repair center IN THE WORLD! The upgrades use state of the art wire, solder & components and all vestiges of "hybrid" circuitry (except for headphone follower drivers) are removed. Additionally, tubed power supplies with spectacular increases in joules will provide dramatic results. Please check back soon for information on the opening date and to register early to send in your Melos gear for repair or upgrade as we are only accepting as much Melos equipment as we can complete in a timely manner. New life and value for some of the most celebrated high end audio equipment ever designed and the only authorized Melos Audio service and upgrade center in the world: Melos Innovations! www.melosinnovations.com
Hmm...

By the way, I am a long time lurker who purchased a MAR modded SHA Gold about a month or two ago for my RS-1s.

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #12 of 21
Awesome! I am a huge fan of this amp.
eggosmile.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #14 of 21
"all vestiges of "hybrid" circuitry (except for headphone follower drivers) are removed"

waitaminnite. what is this supposed to mean? the headphone out is still going to be a hybrid? aren't we all headphone lovers, gang? let's demand a tubey headphone follower driver too, whatever that is!
lambda.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #15 of 21
Bumping an old thread in hope of new info. Anyone heard anything new about this project? A date perhaps?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back