Melos amp/ where to buy?
Mar 8, 2007 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Blackmore

Headphoneus Supremus
Melos SHA 1. Are this one still in production? And where can I buy, becides used I mean.

Thanks
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #3 of 15
Thats what I thought... Are they making any new one? Is there any link to the manufacture as well.
Or would I ask, is there any other amps that coming close to Melos that still in production. Price range USD 500-600

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Melos amplifiers have been discontinued for a long time..?

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 15
I think we have to watch the used market. They are getting older. Does anyone service and upgrade these units?

vf

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 15
I think they've been discontinued for like, 10 years or something. Check Audiogon or your local craigslist as I've seen a could go up for sale.

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #6 of 15
do you know who is the manufacture of it? can not find any link for more info or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they've been discontinued for like, 10 years or something. Check Audiogon or your local craigslist as I've seen a could go up for sale.

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinylfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think we have to watch the used market. They are getting older. Does anyone service and upgrade these units?

Melos has been out of business since the late 90's. Quality control fell apart on the units released shortly before the company's demise. Melos Audio Restorations used to provide service to Melos units, including bringing the later units up to their original specifications, but they no longer exist.

Several years ago a Head-Fi member worked out some significant upgrades to the Melos units, but he has disappeared.

I'm not aware of anyone servicing the units right now.

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you know who is the manufacture of it? can not find any link for more info or something.

I always thought Melos was the manufacturer. =T

Mar 8, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #13 of 15
I see used ones all the time on audiogon. I was thinking of getting one myself one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back