Melodic Artification ‘Eclipse’ (Dual Dynamic Driver)
Apr 15, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #31 of 48
The Aroma Jewel kills the Eclipse in technicalities (soundstage, clarity, instrument separation, micro-detailing, imaging), and it is not a close fight.
Not the first time I've read about the
CanJam instance; I will not judge,
I was not at the exhibition, but half
a dozen reviews with depressing
(superficial?) impressions, apparently,
indicate a defective pair or missing the
source; as for me I didn’t connect my
new IEM, taken out of the box, to the
stock cable
at all (moreover, I sold for
the hell of it) - I'm amazed how it plays
with a great copper conductor! AJ as
far as known has a sluggish bass &
restrained upper-mid that's a deal-
breaker 😕

Apr 15, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #32 of 48
Hello guys! I suddenly had a subject
here - some of the owners of Eclipse (you,
@Scuba Devils , perhaps, in the first place)
compared at least from memory with the
Aroma Jewel ? in presence (4.5-6 kHz)
they are too similar...
Back when I was looking at the Eclipse, I used the pen tool in Affinity Designer to superimpose Twister6's curve into a graph that follows the IEF Neutral/Crinacle curve. It's locked to 1000Hz. It's probably not at all accurate but I do think it is a pretty good approximation of what I hear.

I used the Technics TZ700 as a nice reference comparison.

Attachments

• Eclipse Guess.jpg
    Eclipse Guess.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 0
Apr 15, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #33 of 48
Thx but I can't say anything about Technics,
because I'm out of the experience of
listening to them, and even more so, owning
them; having learned about the TZ700 from
David's post, I tried to find them for a long time
from someone to purchase, but then they fell
out of the focus of my search due to their low
prevalence; honestly, I just like MA as a worthy
example of 2DD - I'll be looking forward to the
release of Singularity ONI, or maybe I'll be lucky
someday to find Dita Perpetua on classifieds :wink:

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #34 of 48
Sure thing.

This was made when I owned the TZ700, so I used them as a familiar reference. Probably not the best for sharing since they're kind of underdogs :p

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #35 of 48
Back when I was looking at the Eclipse, I used the pen tool in Affinity Designer to superimpose Twister6's curve into a graph that follows the IEF Neutral/Crinacle curve. It's locked to 1000Hz. It's probably not at all accurate but I do think it is a pretty good approximation of what I hear.

Would be interesting a comparison with Madoo typ512

IMG_5273.jpeg

Apr 15, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #36 of 48
Would be interesting a comparison with Madoo typ512
Here you go.

Edit: I've not heard of the Madoo typ512, looks interesting.

Edit 2: Oh wow, a 1dd + Planar combo!

Attachments

• Eclipse Guess 2.jpg
    Eclipse Guess 2.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #37 of 48
Yes Typ512 looks very interesting but 8Khz peak scary me a bit🤭

Apr 15, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #38 of 48
Yeah, I'm reading user reviews on e-earphone and there was a mention of it being a bit sharp. But I'm using Google translate so I'm probably missing context. Most impressions say that is a bass heavy, dark sound. Like you said though, that 8k peak. That's like textbook planar and enough for me to be wary.

Apr 15, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #39 of 48
Yeah, I'm reading user reviews on e-earphone and there was a mention of it being a bit sharp. But I'm using Google translate so I'm probably missing context. Most impressions say that is a bass heavy, dark sound. Like you said though, that 8k peak. That's like textbook planar and enough for me to be wary.
Plus planars timbre didn’t impress me, last one I had for a long time was Szalayi that sounds good but isn’t the best tonal/timbre performance I ever heard and for that reason I avoid others hybrid with planar.
Maybe I’d join eclipse club or chose Mezzo 🤭

Apr 15, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #40 of 48
I'll always recommend the Eclipse. But I also am aware that not everyone is after an analog sound with a touch of warmth. I find it perfect for electronic music and haven't complained with Pop, Metal, and Jazz. The graph also betrays the impact and extension of the bass, not unlike the Szalayi.

Apr 16, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #41 of 48
Hallo ! First post here.

I have had the 512 for a few months now and listen daily...its never peaky / shouty. I preferred the upper mid - highs to softears twilight where 512 felt smoother and more detailed. 512 is definitely on the darker/warmer side and a bit heavy on bass. But the bass has good texture and speed. I had the luxury of listening to a few IEMs in its price range, and 512 was the one I felt was the most refined.

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #43 of 48
Quite interesting! Maybe do you have a
graph of Typ711? My friend's purchase,
he has a great expectation on them —
Twilight not exactly his type, cup of tea🙃
T711 is very hard to drive plus it’s more V than T512 and doesn’t kick as T512 on bass

IMG_5314.jpeg

Apr 23, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #45 of 48
Hi guys! I don't want to brag, but I'm still one step closer in the sound of the Eclipse to the level of full-size headphones; all this only with the help of PW FTS (yes, I bought them from our forum member, thank him! everything arrived safely) - now I also comprehended voodoo shielding 👹 unfortunately, no photo yet (later I'll post it); such a feeling, and before that I didn’t even hear FT, that 1️⃣ the sheath of copper was very much conjured with the sound 2️⃣ the "stage" became richer at times thanks to the synchronization of the XYZ axis, where X is the height, Y is the depth, Z is the width (the last one without comment), in my opinion, this setup is more about X 3️⃣ compared to PW Attila, the sensitivity of treble has increased, which build vertical space 4️⃣ better frequency separation control with a fluid (smooth) cohesive profile, unlike the drastic dry synth-o-matic sound of PW Attila 5️⃣ bass dominates in moderate doses, but not in the first place, as in Attila. As a result, I got the prosthetic audibility of recessed Eclipse zone (see graph) in the premium version of PWAudio - a very useful experience that is worth sharing with those who have Eclipse (and if r-2r dap, then this is a real feast!)

P.S. So far I'm getting used to the changes 🤓

Users who are viewing this thread

Back