Melbourne Meet: Sunday 6/4/14
Apr 4, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #272 of 311
  Try not to laugh too hard at me Billy haha.

I promise I wont!
wink_face.gif

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #273 of 311
Hey guys, I will be bringing the HM-700 and RE-400B that just arrived today. 

Wow! Those will be nice to try. Good on you mate.

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #276 of 311
And also, does anyone have an SPL meter by any chance? It would be nice to see what volume I'm listening at. My phone one says around 65-70db but I'm not sure whether it's accurate. 

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #277 of 311
And also, does anyone have an SPL meter by any chance? It would be nice to see what volume I'm listening at. My phone one says around 65-70db but I'm not sure whether it's accurate. 

Your phone is good enough as a rough guide. An SPL reader by itself wouldn't quite cut it, you would need headphone measuring equipment to get an accurate reading.

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #279 of 311
I'm on my phone, but you can make some pretty cool DIY stuff to do it. Have a search, it can be a pretty fun project, to see the various FR curves of your gear (as well as volume, amongst other things).

When you just use your phone with the headphones enclosed around it, the drivers will couple, and you'll get an inaccurate reading.

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #280 of 311
Your phone is good enough as a rough guide. An SPL reader by itself wouldn't quite cut it, you would need headphone measuring equipment to get an accurate reading.

+1

The phones work pretty well, but neither phones or standard SPL meters can account for the way the headphone seals against your head or the pressure dynamics created around your ear and in your ear canals which can influence the different frequencies. In short, headphone test rigs normally involve something resembling a human head, ear and ear canal with the measurements taken where an ear drum would be.

Apr 4, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #283 of 311
Geographically it's a fair way but by train not sure. Best bet would be to jump on the public transport Victoria site and check out the trip planner tool. Takes about 10 mins from the CBD to prahran station and noisy motel is about a 1 minute walk back along the tracks. :)

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #284 of 311
Ah, then it's my phone then. It reads around 65db most of the time so I should be fine. 

Azynneo, I guess you can come if you just bring an IE800 but definitely no more people. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back