Melbourne Meet Saturday 13/7/13
Jun 21, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #226 of 391
Just wanted to echo Orakurumi and say thanks, lin, for organising this meet and managing all the attendees/items etc. It's gonna be great to experiment with different amps and hear some of the top notch equipment people have. I'm thinking I might have to prepare a hitlist of units to try :p and think about which music to bring for the auditioning.

How are things usually run? Are there dedicated 'listening stations'? Are the amps stationary while the HP's move around? Do people bring their laptops/PMPs/USB sticks?

Looking forward to it.

Jun 21, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #227 of 391
Quote:
Just wanted to echo Orakurumi and say thanks, lin, for organising this meet and managing all the attendees/items etc. It's gonna be great to experiment with different amps and hear some of the top notch equipment people have. I'm thinking I might have to prepare a hitlist of units to try :p and think about which music to bring for the auditioning.

How are things usually run? Are there dedicated 'listening stations'? Are the amps stationary while the HP's move around? Do people bring their laptops/PMPs/USB sticks?

Looking forward to it.

Thanks, and yes, I think that people just leave their amp, DACs etc and the HPs move around. There's probably tables and stuff at the Noisy Motel. I've still got to ask Billy about the second meet though. I'm thinking 13/7? 

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #232 of 391
Quote:
Thanks, and yes, I think that people just leave their amp, DACs etc and the HPs move around. There's probably tables and stuff at the Noisy Motel. I've still got to ask Billy about the second meet though. I'm thinking 13/7? 

Yes, we've got a fair bit of bench space as well as a big meeting table that can be utilised quite well.

For second meet, the 13th, 20th or 27th of July would work for us.

Thanks,
Billy

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #233 of 391
Quote:
Yes, we've got a fair bit of bench space as well as a big meeting table that can be utilised quite well.

For second meet, the 13th, 20th or 27th of July would work for us.

Thanks,
Billy

The 13th would be great, thanks. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #236 of 391
wont be able to make the 13th im afraid. Sorry guys ><

Hope u guys enjoy yourselves there though 
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #237 of 391
Lol, well let me know what he says.

Lol,im in exam period so could not follow this thread :) actually im happy to bring some yamaha cans :) the yamaha sound sig is really fun, hph-pro500/mht220/hph200. I also have denon d5k/hd600 with oyaide(aka furukawa cable)/hd25 II / shure940 if anyone want to try. For dac,i have the fostex hp a3 and audio gd 15.32 so may bring them as well ^______^
Sooo curious to try the he6 with mk6 combo
Thanks Lin and noisymotel for organising this event

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #238 of 391
Hi Billy,

Is this event open to only member who bring some gear? How does it work, I'm like new to all these meets. I would like to attend.

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #239 of 391
Hi Billy,

Is this event open to only member who bring some gear? How does it work, I'm like new to all these meets. I would like to attend.
I can add you to the list, but if more people want to come and there aren't enough spots, I might have to let others with gear go. Can you bring anything at all?

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #240 of 391
Quote:
Thank you.
I think that it would be great if we stayed at the Noisy Motel if Billy is fine with it, but I'll keep that idea open as well. Can you shoot them an email asking whether they'd allow us? 

Wouldnt be for this one at least haha

I mean for future meets its a pretty good idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back