Melbourne Meet 2010
Feb 23, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #77 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by veli_good /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NW, I will bring my D5000 and W11JPN

You made my day
biggrin.gif
So looking forward to listening to those D5000. BTW, how are we gonna play our music. I presume CD players, but who has more than one? I have none
tongue.gif
I use my computer, which I cannot bring haha.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #79 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
20th is fine for me. I will not be able to make it until about 2:30pm or so though. Mum is working that day until 12:45. So I would be there at 2-3pm. I would not go on a train etc, as I cannot carry all my gear. No other family member could take me either, so I have no choice but arrive at, let's say, 2:30pm. What time will the venue be opening and closing for us? I hope everyone will still be there by the time I get there
tongue.gif

I am pretty sure I will be bringing the following, unless I trade in the mean time or acquire some new equipment
biggrin.gif

Zero DAC/AMP
MAD Ear+ HD
Qinpu A-3
Grado HF-2
ALO-780
Walkman X1060
Westone UM3X

BTW, is anyone going to sell or trade some of their gear when we are there if they want to do so? I do not use my A-3 since I acquired my Ear+ HD. It does come in handy though, with speaker plugs on the back and has an AUX input
smily_headphones1.gif
I also have several spare tubes for it. Looking to upgrade my Zero DAC as well, so I MIGHT sell that too (probably not though).

Right now I am interested in trying Denon D2000/D5000/D7000 (or any modded one's), Ultrasone ED8/9, PRO 750/900 and Grado RS-1 would be nice too. I hope there will be at least one of those cans coming along
biggrin.gif

I could give you a ride, what suburb are you, ringwood did you say
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #80 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How old is everyone? I don't really want to be around strangers 20 years apart.
I might come if I'm not doing anything but all I've got are IE8s and AD700s.

I got AD700 too but probably not bringing them, unless requested of course
smily_headphones1.gif
This may sound weird, but I am 15 years old. I am pretty easy to get along with, I am a tad shy though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could give you a ride, what suburb are you, ringwood did you say
smily_headphones1.gif

Would be fun but dunno if it's needed right now. But yes, Ringwood is correct. Mum says she might swap the weekend she is working with another employee, as they would rather work that weekend instead of my mum, which would work out perfectly. We will see what happens though
smile.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #82 of 368
Hopefully over the next day or so we can have a 100% confirmed list of the people that can come. After that, please tell us what gear and equipment you will be using. Amps, headphones etc should be no problem, but who is bringing the sources? I got a Walkman X1060 and CDs, no CD player or computer to bring though
frown.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #84 of 368
Yes, as many computers as possible
biggrin.gif
Every1 bring like 5-10 of their favourite albums too
biggrin.gif
Heck, you could even do some lossless custom CDs and lug it along. I am probably gonna burn some of my fav music to CDs. Please post here if you are going to be bringing a laptop.

In between now and the meet, I should have about $450 to spend on audio stuff, now to decide what to get. A new DAC? A SS amp for my Ultrasones? PRO 900 to compare to my ALO-780 and bring along with me to the meet for others to listen to? Darn all this deciding
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #85 of 368
lol, start the hobby while you're young and your parents still throw money at you.
Put me on the maybe list, I'll come if there's nothing I really need to do.
The only thing I can bring is the IE8, because I don't have anything else right now.

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #87 of 368
Come along anyway
biggrin.gif
You can have some fun comparing cans and see which you choose to save up for in the future
biggrin.gif
I have AD700, hate them for music personally, perfect for gaming though, well, more detail would be great but the soundstage is just perfect. I'd love it if you brought your MS-1 so that we can compare my HF-2 to your MS-1. I haven't tried a lower end Grado (never heard Alessandro) for a few months and would like to see how big of a jump the HF-2 are
biggrin.gif
Hope you can make it. Also, probably selling my Qinpu A-3 there for about $170 with 5 spare tubes. I have some almost new JAN tubes in there as of now. Made me get into tubes and Grado's. Fantastic amp for the price. Cost brand new is about $240 with the same tubes as I have and I have used it for about 150 hours, since got my MAD Ear+ HD, so I do not need it anymore.

Has March 20 been confirmed? Please let us know ASAP
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back