Melbourne Meet 2010
Feb 10, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #46 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, either way, early March would be the way to go.

Kunalriker, have you contacted any venus yet?

I frankly feel we will not be able to afford to hire a place, most places in the eastern suburbs are usually very expensive, anyway I was feeling as per my previous post that we should have it at someone's place if they have a spare room,I could bring all the required power adapters and extensions.

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #47 of 368
Let's hope someone has a big spare room and air conditioning
biggrin.gif
Hopefully I will be able to go and my Grado HF-2 arrive by then
tongue.gif
. I can bring my surge protector of necessary at all. What are we going to do about the music we listen to? I only listen to metal but can stand almost any genre without saying "I am going to kill myself if I have to listen to this for 1 more second". Well...rap is an exception, I cannot stand it
biggrin.gif
I think we need to list the genre's we all listen to and if we are going to be bringing CD's and which genre's/albums they are
biggrin.gif

I doubt anyone wants to listen to my music, but I will bring it so I can test equipment with my music
smile.gif

I have albums which include bands In Flames, Hammerfall, JET (why do I own this?) and a few more like Children of Bodom and DevilDriver
tongue.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #50 of 368
Hehe. I am not sure how large my house is, but I am guessing: 20m*12m. Probbaly closer to 15,*12m but oh well
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #51 of 368
Could we try to get it done in someone's living room?

I can try to get a friend to let us use her cafe (it would be nice if we bought some food and drinks if she lets us use it).

It's located in a Victoria University Footscray. The uni is closed on Sat & Sun. I need to find out if the Uni will let us in on Sunday. Saturday would be better.

All we would need would be extension cords. There's seating and lighting. Can accommodate maybe 20 or so?

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #52 of 368
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_low /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could we try to get it done in someone's living room?

I can try to get a friend to let us use her cafe (it would be nice if we bought some food and drinks if she lets us use it).

It's located in a Victoria University Footscray. The uni is closed on Sat & Sun. I need to find out if the Uni will let us in on Sunday. Saturday would be better.

All we would need would be extension cords. There's seating and lighting. Can accommodate maybe 20 or so?

I will arrange the extension cords and so on, will be the official camera man if required
smily_headphones1.gif

Saturday is definitely more prefered.

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #53 of 368
I just hope it is a weekend where I am not going to my dad's
frown.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #54 of 368
OK, how does this sound (I need to confirm with friend to see if she can allow us to use the place but 95% she would be fine with it).

One catch: I have suggested that we chip in some $$$ for electricity and use of the place. Maybe $5 per person? There's some great coffee, tea, drinks. So if we buy some, that would be nice too.

Date: Sat, 13 March.
Time: TBC. Probably late morning.
Location: Reading Room Cafe, Building M, Victoria University Footscray (PRELUDE to the READING ROOM CAFE - VU. FOOTSCRAY PARK, BUILDING M LVL 1)

That building is closed on the weekends SO our gear will be secure. There's a large table to lay out all the gear and ample seating for more than 20 people.

Also, I will have to let people in as a the building is locked from the outside. Once we confirm details and attendance, I'll pass out my mobile so you guys can ring me when you get there?

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #56 of 368
Damn lol, I am away that weekend
frown.gif
Can't go then. Not going to get you to change the date and go through all that trouble just for me, I don't want to hold everyone back or anything. Yeah but $5 seems fair for all the effort put into this and for the owner to open it up in their spare time (i presume) etc.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #57 of 368
Can people chime in if they are interested in the meet happening and if the date is ok?

I got an 'ok' to use the place but I won't go proceed until I can confirm numbers (and the date). I want to accommodate as many people as possible.

The last meet thread from 2008? Well, they were going to hire a community hall and that was $25 per person for 10 people. So I think that the $5 figure was something I suggested and is more than fair as a thank you to the owners who have to open up the place when they are usually closed, electricity etc.

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #59 of 368
I am fine with $5 or more if needed but the date is a weekend I go away. The next weekend I am 99% sure I am free. I would rather not get you to change the date just for me, as it might offset some and then they can't go, or they were really looking forward to going that weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back