Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014
Oct 2, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #199 of 311
You guys are great! Thanks for being so friendly and welcoming. Have a great time at the meet up. Let me know when and If your free Loquah and I'll take you up on the offer. Pm me :-D.

Rob

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #202 of 311
Good day every one
I have a question. I just jump in the full size headphone field and after I use T90 and Dt880 pro I feeling my system might not strong enough (picopower is strong enough but the battery is gone so fast)

So I'm consider to find some super strong power amplifier
Can anyone gimme some suggestions for me I got the budget like no more than 600$
In my mind I'm think about ifi micro idsd, portatube plus, and cayin ha-3

Thanks guys
Anupong

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #203 of 311
Well guess what.

I am officially out guys.

I am away ski training that weekend on the Murray :frowning2:.

I looked @ trying to schedule training for another time but with a bathurst pissup this weekend, a wedding the following weekend, we needed to get away the next one so we had time to work on the boat if needed afterwards.

:frowning2:

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #204 of 311
Good day every one
I have a question. I just jump in the full size headphone field and after I use T90 and Dt880 pro I feeling my system might not strong enough (picopower is strong enough but the battery is gone so fast)

So I'm consider to find some super strong power amplifier
Can anyone gimme some suggestions for me I got the budget like no more than 600$
In my mind I'm think about ifi micro idsd, portatube plus, and cayin ha-3

Thanks guys
Anupong

I cant speak for those headphones, however the portatube is a fantastic amp.  Sounds amazing, whether it has the power for those I do not know.

A fairly powerful great sounding amp well under $600 is the e12 DIY.  If you can get one, they sound great.

the SR71b and RXMk3 are also good options but getting up there price wise.

THe new Cayen amp that Billy stocks seems to be getting favourable reviews, though I havent heard it myself.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #206 of 311
  Well guess what.

I am officially out guys.

I am away ski training that weekend on the Murray :frowning2:.

I looked @ trying to schedule training for another time but with a bathurst pissup this weekend, a wedding the following weekend, we needed to get away the next one so we had time to work on the boat if needed afterwards.

:frowning2:

Sorry to hear, mate!!

I cant speak for those headphones, however the portatube is a fantastic amp.  Sounds amazing, whether it has the power for those I do not know.

A fairly powerful great sounding amp well under $600 is the e12 DIY.  If you can get one, they sound great.

the SR71b and RXMk3 are also good options but getting up there price wise.

THe new Cayen amp that Billy stocks seems to be getting favourable reviews, though I havent heard it myself.

Agree that the Cayin C5 is excellent - crazy amounts of power and nice quality too.

@anupong I assume you are looking for a portable solution or is it more a question of compact size and reasonable price?

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #207 of 311
Well agree that cayin c5 is very good choice and quite powerful to drive the big headphone but I looking for something that more power than that that's why I'm looking at those big boy( portatube plus, ifi micro and cayin ha-3) since I never ever jump to the desktop amp but all of my friends say that In the same price range for portable amp desktop amp is much more better(just think about the constant power supplies and space is make sense enough to make it more powerful)

[COLOR=000000]Why not just buy a portable battery pack.[/color]

[COLOR=000000]If you want an upgrade in sound, maybe try the Vorzuge Vorzaamp pure II   [/color]

it's seem like pure 2 is not my type for the size and sound(conti 2is even better soundin the same character then pure is out of my selection can't compare with picopower in field of power to drive) and I already have three portable amp so might consider the big boy who will stay in my room and use with fullsize, :3

Oct 6, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #208 of 311
Well agree that cayin c5 is very good choice and quite powerful to drive the big headphone but I looking for something that more power than that that's why I'm looking at those big boy( portatube plus, ifi micro and cayin ha-3) since I never ever jump to the desktop amp but all of my friends say that In the same price range for portable amp desktop amp is much more better(just think about the constant power supplies and space is make sense enough to make it more powerful)
it's seem like pure 2 is not my type for the size and sound(conti 2is even better soundin the same character then pure is out of my selection can't compare with picopower in field of power to drive) and I already have three portable amp so might consider the big boy who will stay in my room and use with fullsize, :3

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I'd be surprised to find another portable that has more grunt than the Cayin C5.

In my experience you can never replace the voltage capabilities of a full-size desktop when it comes to extracting maximum dynamics from a full sized headphone so you might want to hold off on buying a new portable and try some of the amps at the meet to see what I mean. Even something like my Quattro, which is relatively inexpensive, is able to easily out-perform most portables when it comes to full sized headphones - and it can run them balanced which is a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back