Melbourne head-fi 2nd meet 2010
May 16, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #32 of 183
Who goes back to school for a Magic Tourney? That's pretty nerdy and I know nerdy, I go to your school. 

Also, keep me updated. The Member's Lounge and Music forum is getting pretty stale so I sorta stopped posting here.

May 16, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #33 of 183

Quote:
Who goes back to school for a Magic Tourney? That's pretty nerdy and I know nerdy, I go to your school. 

Also, keep me updated. The Member's Lounge and Music forum is getting pretty stale so I sorta stopped posting here.

mad.gif
I have...
Anyway guys, we're sort of taking over the thread here.

I've pm'ed yukari regarding details about the school so we'll see where things go from there.

May 16, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #37 of 183
Quote:
pm'ed you

Quote:
I was thinking hockey pav or old boy's club.
I know it can be done since i've been to functions there that weren't school related.

Quote:
Omg, yu-gi-oh, warhammer, magic, all that stuff is coming back to me.

I swear, that place caters all things nerdy.
But how much will it cost? Let's hope we get it for cheap.

Thanks for the pm.
I have a quick look. Will need to get the rate from Glen eira and compare to see which is a better way to go for.
I think other than the bond, maybe the hourly rate + caretaker+insurance of the glen eira venue add up will be cheaper than the unicorn club one. But depends on which community venue....food and transportation will need to be considered as well. But then for unicorn club....there's a little discount for ...."There is a 20% discount on these rates for affiliate clubs; a 15% discount for financial members; and a 10% discount for past students who are not members."
ummmmmmm

Will ppl be happy to pay for catering for lunch/finger food? Or will we be end up ordering pizza or BYO?
LOL

May 16, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #38 of 183
If only I were still part of the hockey team lol... and I don't think I count as a past student who is not a member
redface.gif

I don't know much about the business of organising meets like this, but that bond price dropped my jaw, especially considering that an audio related function would cost more being electronics and all.

There's a La Porchetta near by South Yarra Station if Pizza is a go.

May 16, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #39 of 183

Quote:
If only I were still part of the hockey team lol... and I don't think I count as a past student who is not a member
redface.gif

I don't know much about the business of organising meets like this, but that bond price dropped my jaw, especially considering that an audio related function would cost more being electronics and all.

Bond is refundable as long as we didn't break anything LOL

May 16, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #40 of 183

Quote:
redface.gif

I never have a meal near South Yarra Station and La Porchetta...^ ^
However, I think it will be good ^ ^

May 17, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #41 of 183
Alright. 2 Issues.

FIRST -
Called.
Boyd Rm is way expensive then I though. so OUT.

Packer Park Hall is reasonable I think as hourly rate, plus a few small charges.[The only concern is if anyone can help with paying the bond and then wait a few weeks until the mail back the bond money?]

However, they only have 9am-12noon on June 27, and they have 3-10pm on July 4. [Both Sundays]

Not sure if ppl can make it if it's a weekday, since students might be having their break around that period of time.....

SECOND -
Will u guys be interested in trying out cables?
Just to make it clear, I perosnally have nth to do with this company, and not gonna earn a dime from doing this. A friend of mine recommended it to me and I am thinking of giving it a try. So I contacted the cable designer/owner. I might indeed order a cable from him myself.
Have a look at this.
http://www.telos-audio.com.tw/
 If ppl are interested, I may try to arrange them to send a few cables for us to try.
[I guess purchase welcome, but I dont wanna deal with purchase's money]

I also ask if our Aussie well known cable maker qusp will be happy to send some of his cables for us to try. But will wait for his decision.

I just think it's probably easier for melbourian to have a chance to try different cables since we'll all be there in the meet.

May 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #42 of 183
2010/05/18 : UniMelb Hawthorn Campus maybe?
http://www.hawthorncampus.unimelb.edu.au/Page.aspx?ID=4

Room rate is not bad, but ...just need to add up weekend access fee etc.

May 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #43 of 183
Hey, hope its not too late but I'd be interested in going to this meet as well.

May 18, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #44 of 183

Quote:
Hey, hope its not too late but I'd be interested in going to this meet as well.

It would be unlikely that I would be able to make this meet now.  :frowning2:

May 19, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #45 of 183

Users who are viewing this thread

Back