Meizu MX4 Pro
May 19, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #46 of 64

Meizu might launch mx5 "http://www.gsmarena.com/leaked_meizu_mx5_renders_show_bezelless_display-news-12226.php" in few weeks for same price .

Yeah I know, thanks. And I wish I could wait more time, but unfortunaley I broke the screen of MX3 at the gym 2 months ago, and it was struggle to use it.
I received my silver MX4 Pro today, loading music right now

May 21, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #48 of 64
Unfortunately, I can't give you a proper answer for now, I don't have enough time to do a serious comparison (school obligations).

I did some random comparisons and MX4 Pro's soundstage is noticeably more convincing: there is more width, while MX3 soundstage seems more tubular, with a loss/a confusion of details at times.
These comparisons were made with my pair of Edenwood.

Beyond that, I did not notice a big difference

May 22, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #50 of 64
Ok I finally managed to activate "high gain" mode with my custom iems  and spent last couple of hours with them and the MX4 Pro, so I can add more impressions.

The sound to me is a little brighter compared to the MX4 pro, even if it is not quite as dry/thin as with the DX100: bad recordings are a little more obvious, but it stays soft compared to the ibasso, or the more violent Cube C30.
And this is probably where I recognize "Meizu's sound": even though the MX4 Pro has a sabre audio chip, the sound generally remains smooth and natural.

Thanks to the more convincing soundstage, details are presented in a far better way (like echos going from left to right side, lasting longer etc etc), and you loose less micro details than with the Pro MX3.

I also find the highs to be noticeably better, emotionally speaking.

My honest opinion: the sound is indeed better, the Pro handles headphones a lot better, and will certainly allow you to enjoy your music more than the MX3.
Now, if I had the choice, I'd have probably saved the money for something else, as the MX3 filled all my needs on the go, and as a smartphone.
If it had the DX100's soundstage, I probably would not feel the need to invest in another home source.
You can find the 64GB version for 440 euros now, on aliexpress.

Hope that helps

Jul 2, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #51 of 64
is there an equivalent DAC/AMP player to this phone? i have the phone (mx4pro) , but if i want to buy a fiio x5 for example, would the fiio be better than the meizu? or same? or worse?

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #52 of 64
is there an equivalent DAC/AMP player to this phone? i have the phone (mx4pro) , but if i want to buy a fiio x5 for example, would the fiio be better than the meizu? or same? or worse?

Cheap DAP may not be better than Mx4pro but mid-high end DAP (eg. iBasso DX100) will.
If you want to upgrade from mx4pro quality I would consider adding external (tube?) amp.
I have recently heard Samsung i9300 (inferior to Mx4pro) connected to Continental amp and it was jaw dropping upgrade.

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #53 of 64
Do You guys know what is output impedance of MX4 Pro. Just paired it with my FLC8 iems, which is 11 ohms, and they sound thin and lifeless compared to X5II and Note. And I'm not a basshead, there's definitly something wrong with this combination. The same problem with 32 ohms Audeo PFE 122. No bass and can like vocals.

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #54 of 64
Hi everybody. I´m new comer here from Spain and I´d like you threw some light regarding the comparisson between the mx4 pro and play 3s, which I own. I´d also like to know if I´d better change it for the mx4 pro, the vivo xmax 5, which seems to be a lógical upgrading of the play 3s in audiophile terms, or keep on running with the one I own, because it seems to be still a flagship killer two years later it was launched. 

Another question is whether amplifying the xplay 3s would be really worth it to take the best out of it, but I´m afraid I need  some good piece of advice since I know very little of these matters.

Znks 

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #58 of 64
Hey guys, to unlock the "high gain" mode, plug your iems into the headphone jack, but not completely (stop before you hear the "click" telling you your iems are well plugged), and then wait.
After a few seconds, the "high gain" mode becomes available.

It works for the  MX4Pro, not sure for the Pro 5 

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #59 of 64
thanks for the answer.
Doesn't work with Pro 5 :frowning2:
It must be some script or software you can edit to enable it don't you think. Hopes some smart user can sort that out.

I manage to unlock line out mode for my iems by plugging in my headphones, choose line out mode, then turn off setting apps in running apps, switch to the iems. You can't regulate volume in line out mode. doesn't work with high gain, only for line out.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back