Meizu M4 SP - Surprisingly nice SQ?
Feb 17, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #16 of 19
partybreaker the m6 setting are very easy to use, set and forget. the d2s settings are much more complex and flexable. bottom line is both players have great sound quality. i do remember that the m6 sounded awful the first time i'd used it. who knows what meizu was thinking when it was in default mode. i still don't think i've discovered every setting that the d2 can provide.

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #17 of 19
Depends on how much time did you spare on experimenting... My first DAP was iRiver T20, and although it wasn't simple to use it and navigate, I got used to it... Then I got iPod Touch which was suprising me for about month when I realized that it has awful sound... Can't say even SQ... Then I bought D2+ and was lost in all JetEffect settings, but hours of listening and playing with EQ made it simple to use. The rest of functions are pretty much the same as the ones found on iRiver T20, so that wasn't a problem either.

As you own both D2 and M6 SL, I would just like to know how do they compare when using EQ and sound enhancements, that's all... Because, if that 10 customizable bands sound muddy (like on SanDisk players for example), then I don't need to be worried why I didn't take serious Meizu at the time of buying new DAP.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Partybreaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you should play with EQ Filter a bit. There's option to set band 1 bandwidth to normal or narrow. I think default is wide, so it's less punchy, but gives a bigger soundstage.

Thanks, will do.
smile.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Partybreaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As you own both D2 and M6 SL, I would just like to know how do they compare when using EQ and sound enhancements, that's all... Because, if that 10 customizable bands sound muddy (like on SanDisk players for example), then I don't need to be worried why I didn't take serious Meizu at the time of buying new DAP.
smily_headphones1.gif

i use the meizu for audio books and the d2 for music.
despite the 10 band on the meizu the eq filter on the d2 is much more flexable. the meizus enhancement, as i said before are easier to set; bass boost, treble boost, vibe, spatializer. the meizus are just different not better sounding. i never got muddy sound using the eq on either player. then again i never got the clip to sound muddy either. of course i only use the graphic equalizer to boost the top and botttom when listening at lower volumes. most often eq is +1 or +2. bass boost and treble boost are more like +4 and the slope is different. different in the way the fiio e5s bass boost works; the hump in mid to low bass.
the first line says it all. not that the meizu isn't a fine player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back