Meier Corda Move details released
Oct 2, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #1,141 of 1,165
Zorander,
yes the casing seems to get scratches easily. I have been carrying it around for a couple of weeks, and it alreday has a few scuffs here and there.
I mean to keep this baby for a LONG time.. so I don't mind the scratches.

Oct 10, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #1,144 of 1,165
I know this is a dead horse that has been beaten many times...

but I need a part number for a power supply. Ideally something that I can buy online. Radio Shack sold me a nonregulated power supply, which makes me very unhappy.

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #1,145 of 1,165
Oct 11, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #1,147 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by DBrim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I was sold... but it doesn't say regulated anywhere on it?

I would have sworn that used to be regulated...
frown.gif
I'm lost like you I suppose. I downed all my cash into two 9.6v powerex batteries and just switch between those. You shouldn't be able to hear much quality change above 10v.

Oct 12, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #1,148 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by DBrim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this is a dead horse that has been beaten many times...

but I need a part number for a power supply. Ideally something that I can buy online. Radio Shack sold me a nonregulated power supply, which makes me very unhappy.

Thanks!

Here's the one I bought for my Move, from RadioShack:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
It is regulated and filtered, and works wonderfully. My Move uses a type B adaptaplug, which came free with my purchase.

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #1,149 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcn3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fyi -- i found regulated a/c adapter at a local electronics store for $15, including a set of tips. it's made by philmore (part number mw48-1250a). works beautifully.

this is exactly what you need for the power supply.

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #1,150 of 1,165
To the people who've experienced noise on the USB DAC:

Did anybody try a USB cable with a ferrite choke to see if that eliminates the noise?

I'm not having issues (someone else is getting a whine when their LCD is on) and I wonder if this would fix it. Others have recommended adding an external powered hub with mixed results. Thanks in advance.

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #1,151 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the people who've experienced noise on the USB DAC:

Did anybody try a USB cable with a ferrite choke to see if that eliminates the noise?

I'm not having issues (someone else is getting a whine when their LCD is on) and I wonder if this would fix it. Others have recommended adding an external powered hub with mixed results. Thanks in advance.

Never notice a difference with either 'plain' USB cable and the 'ferrite ring' variant. Of course I don't suffer from this interference thing in the first place and I chose to keep the ferrite cable anyway just for the sake of it.

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #1,152 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never notice a difference with either 'plain' USB cable and the 'ferrite ring' variant. Of course I don't suffer from this interference thing in the first place and I chose to keep the ferrite cable anyway just for the sake of it.

Yeah, my laptop's USB connections are on the front sides , as far from the LCD circuitry as possible, so it may be that design (and better shielding) that keeps me from having the issue. Thanks for the reply.

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #1,153 of 1,165
Im still waiting for my move here in the Dominican Republic (13 days so far, and yes im counting) i think this tropical storm thing might be holding things up...
Anyways I'm an iAudio X5L and U3 owner and am dismayed after reading about the X5 lineout performance...
Previously i've been amping the X5 lineout through the U3 line-in to headphone out (is this silly?). I found it provided more clarity than the U3 headphone-out but with a weird bottom end sound (it sounded like the lows were just underpowered) I assumed it was the U3's fault, but now im lead to believe it might just be the X5 line-out...

(the reason I don't just use the X5 headphone-out, which has great sound IMO, is because the jack is messed up and cuts to left or right with a slight touch.)

I don't really want to buy a fancy cable, but should I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back