Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 19, 2007 at 10:57 AM Post #541 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy8269 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To play safe, you may adjust to 9v. I also own one with 1000ma too and I don't want to take risk by powering move with 12v by 1000ma adaptor. This is based on I couldn't find the linear adaptor with 12v and ma range 300-500.

I emailed Jan asking if i could use two power supplies I have at home... they're from Plextor Japan (originally for CDR/DVDRW units).
One is 9v DC/2A and the other is 12v DC/3A.

He said both are fine to use with the move if they are regulated (I guess they are). So I guess 1000mA really won't be a problem at all...

Jul 19, 2007 at 11:02 AM Post #542 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed Jan asking if i could use two power supplies I have at home... they're from Plextor Japan (originally for CDR/DVDRW units).
One is 12V DC/2A and the other is 24V DC/3A.

He said both are fine to use with the move if they are regulated (I guess they are)

If you plug in the 24v adapter you will fry your move. In the manual and on this thread it is stated not to exceed 12v.

Jul 19, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #543 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by zatara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you plug in the 24v adapter you will fry your move. In the manual and on this thread it is stated not to exceed 12v.

Yes my mistake, I corrected the post but you were too fast, replied in a minute.
smily_headphones1.gif

The supplies are actually 9v/2a and 12v/3a, not 24. Those are the specs that Meier said would work perfectly, if they are regulated.

Jul 19, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #544 of 1,165
Quote:

Yes my mistake, I corrected the post but you were too fast, replied in a minute.
smily_headphones1.gif

The supplies are actually 9v/2a and 12v/3a, not 24. Those are the specs that Meier said would work perfectly, if they are regulated.

I'll wait longer next time before posting a correction.
icon10.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 11:36 AM Post #545 of 1,165
Then the MOVE arrived: I'm impressed by the control this portable has in the lower frequences. Strong solid foundation, with great depth and realistic dynamics. Kick drums has the right amount of punch and energy. Bass guitars has tons of weight and sparkle in both the bass and high-bass frequences. The energy of electric guitars is also presented in a superb way. Vocals are very realistic and present.

Great dynamics, with very good control of the bass frequences: Excellent synergy with my beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO.
icon10.gif
I also like it's detailed and balanced presentation. Clean and punchy. The MOVE really brings out the energy in music.

The volume knob is placed a bit to close to the HP output, but that's manageable.

The only really negative thing I can think of: The presentation is so clean and energetic that I want to turn the volume up all the time...

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #546 of 1,165
Is the amp in the MOVE better than the one on Arietta?
Now I'm using the X-Fi as my source on my Desktop setup connected with an Arietta, will it pay off to get a Move instead?
With a notebook the answer is pretty simple I guess. Go go Move!

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #547 of 1,165
Hi all, how does move compare to Porta Corda MKIII besides its good looks. Does it have more juice and does the SQ improve in general ? Thanks...

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #548 of 1,165
Quote:

He said both are fine to use with the move if they are regulated (I guess they are).

I think you would need to confirm that they are regulated, as there are plenty of non-regulated power supplies knocking about. I put a multimeter on a 'universal' PSU that I have when it was set to 12V and saw 19V. Don't assume that by crossing your fingers your PSUs will be regulated.

Jul 19, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #549 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you would need to confirm that they are regulated, as there are plenty of non-regulated power supplies knocking about. I put a multimeter on a 'universal' PSU that I have when it was set to 12V and saw 19V. Don't assume that by crossing your fingers your PSUs will be regulated.

It's true that "Regulated" is a must. I already threw away the first swithing adaptor (non regulated), it produced annoying sound all the time.

Jul 19, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #550 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by rogues08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the amp in the MOVE better than the one on Arietta?

Interesting question, anyone who has heard both and can comment on similarities and differences?

Jul 19, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #551 of 1,165
Which current and gain modes do you recommend for a Sennheiser DH 600?

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #554 of 1,165
I just got my MOVE a couple of days ago and i have a Noob question for amp burn in :)

Do i need to plug in a headphone into it during burn in or do i i just need to run music through it? Do i also need to bring up the volume knob for burn in ???

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #555 of 1,165
Burn in, that intrests me too
smily_headphones1.gif
the corda would be at my desk in 4-7 days
wink.gif
I`am looking forward to it and hopes for the best
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back