Meier Corda Move details released
Jun 28, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #121 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by koto-in /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The amp automatically switches to high gain mode with an external power source.

Thanks, does the amp come with default set to low or high?

Jun 28, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #122 of 1,165
Default is high. Loosen the two hex screws (with the included hex tool) and change two jumpers switches to low. The jumper positions are even clearly labeled on the PCB.

There is also a low current/high current jumper--low current lengthens battery life.

Jun 28, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #124 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by nautikal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long did it take you guys for your Move to arrive?

Jan's speed was amazing. I ordered on a Friday and it arrived Monday morning in the UK. I couldn't believe the speed!!

Ian

Jun 28, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #125 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Default is high. Loosen the two hex screws (with the included hex tool) and change two jumpers switches to low. The jumper positions are even clearly labeled on the PCB.

There is also a low current/high current jumper--low current lengthens battery life.

It seems the default current is set on low, isn't it?

Jun 28, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #126 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jan's speed was amazing. I ordered on a Friday and it arrived Monday morning in the UK. I couldn't believe the speed!!

Ian

Some credit to post service. :) But Jan's service is really none to complaint, he insists to have direct communication with customers. He even likes to tell you the design philosophy, technologies implemented.

Jun 28, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #129 of 1,165
Yesterday I went to Radioshack to find a cord plug for my MOVE. Their H adaptaplug (1.3/3.4 mm ID/OD) fit the MOVE well. The adaptaplug is free of charge if you buy a Radioshack AC-to-DC wall wart.

One more reminder: if possible measure the voltage output from your 12 VDC wall wart before connecting it. I tried all my 12VDC wall warts (5~6 pieces, all come with phones/routers...) and all of them provided more than 12VDC, from 13 VDC to 15 VDC. I also checked the voltage of a Radioshack 12 VDC wall wart in store and it had 13 VDC. I double checked this with Jan, and Jan said that ideally 13 V is safe for MOVE, but do not go beyond it.

Hope this helps.

Jun 28, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #130 of 1,165
Should the gain be set to low for the MS1 irrespective of the power used - USB, 9v, 12v?

Gain should be set to low, yes. Contrary to earlier posts, gain does NOT get set to high when an external PSU is used.

There are two settings you can alter via jumper - gain and current.

Gain: default high. Should be set to low for low-impedance phones such as Grado, Alessandro. This tunes the amp for a particular type of headphone.

Current: default high. Current automatically switches to high when external PSU is plugged in. When on battery, low current improves battery life, while high current gives better sound quality.

Jun 28, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #132 of 1,165
The MOVE, in high-current (but low gain) mode, is giving me about 15 hours continuous use from a 280 MAH 9V rechargeable. Not too bad...

Jun 28, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #133 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by klemchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yesterday I went to Radioshack to find a cord plug for my MOVE. Their H adaptaplug (1.3/3.4 mm ID/OD) fit the MOVE well. The adaptaplug is free of charge if you buy a Radioshack AC-to-DC wall wart.

One more reminder: if possible measure the voltage output from your 12 VDC wall wart before connecting it. I tried all my 12VDC wall warts (5~6 pieces, all come with phones/routers...) and all of them provided more than 12VDC, from 13 VDC to 15 VDC. I also checked the voltage of a Radioshack 12 VDC wall wart in store and it had 13 VDC. I double checked this with Jan, and Jan said that ideally 13 V is safe for MOVE, but do not go beyond it.

Hope this helps.

Oh wow i didnt know that. I guess for a new person like me should probably use 9 v adapter just in case those 12v adapter push out more than 13v.

Jun 28, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #134 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by bludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a quick question.

For a HD 650, Corda Move or E-MU - 0404 USB ?

Both at the same price range.

Thanks

I chose the Move because the amplifier is better, it has more features (crossfeed to name one), and it is portable.

Jun 29, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #135 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh wow i didnt know that. I guess for a new person like me should probably use 9 v adapter just in case those 12v adapter push out more than 13v.

If you are sure your PS provides 12 VDC I'd suggest you stay with that 12 VDC PS. Generally speaking the higher voltage the better sound, but this also depends on which can you use. Anyway I'm sure you will be happy even with 9 V as long as your can is not a power eater....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back