Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 9, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #256 of 1,165
OOOOO sorry but that didn't realize it didn't have usb.

Makes sense now

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger tomorrow on this. Sold my aria due to money issues and think this will be a decent jump back into the game.

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #257 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinxplayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking to pull the trigger on the Move also. Im just starting my audiophile existance, and this is going to be my first amp. I just reciently picked up an ipod video, 80g, and put rock box on it last night.

Im planning on picking up an ALO cotton dock and i have a pair of koss porgagepro's coming also. I was going to get a pair of SR80's but ive heard so much about the Koss, i figured i can just spend 40 bucks now on a decient set of cans and get a great amp.

Anyone have any ideas or comments for me before i make the purchase?
wink.gif

Only to aware if there will be too much bass. My experience with Super.Fi 5 Pro sounds awful with MOVE, but it works great with E500 and UM2.

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #258 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowfront /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So guys

CORDA MOVE vs. PORTA CORDA MkIII

Is the move worth the $75 difference?

Yes, it is. MOVE has significant difference with PC MKIII, you will hear the fantastic new Meier sound and improved design by Dr. Jan Meier.

Jul 9, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #260 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamenal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the MOVE work well with AKG K501/701? As opposed to Xin and Hornet. Anybody has this set up? I do not know what to buy. Thanks.

For me the MOVE works very well the AKG K501. Warm sounding from the MOVE perfectly mates silky mids from the K501- Oh...I need to find a way to take the K501 off my head....
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #261 of 1,165
I am buying this especially for linux/ubuntu support. I got mine on order and it should arrive in a few days. When I get this, first thing that I will try this on is Mac OSX and Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty). I will update the thread with information if you are interested.

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowfront /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow Its been awhile since I have been on headfi

Come and see this

Looks like I'm making a purchase VERY soon.

The big question for me

Has anyone got this working with linux - ubuntu specifically

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #262 of 1,165
I few months ago I had to sell my aria how much of a difference will it be from that.

I miss that amp so much but can't afford it, figured this would be the way to go instead. Will enjoy the portability too.

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #263 of 1,165
I just added the MOVE to my big amp review.

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #264 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just added the MOVE to my big amp review.

Excellent review. As always, insightful and concise. Thanks for putting so much effort/time/money/what-so-ever on this.

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #265 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by klemchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent review. As always, insightful and concise. Thanks for putting so much effort/time/money/what-so-ever on this.

Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #267 of 1,165
Yeah, I wasn't keeping it secret that I liked it. But I wanted to really make sure before I wrote the review, since I liked it a LOT.

Jul 10, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #268 of 1,165
Just got mine today. So far, it works on Mac OSX flawlessly. I will report whether it works on Ubuntu/Linux tomorrow.

So far, it's just starting to break in, and with no reference to compare with, I like the sound so far.

Regards.

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #269 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I wasn't keeping it secret that I liked it. But I wanted to really make sure before I wrote the review, since I liked it a LOT.

Sure it is, same as me. Can you tell which headphone you listening most with the MOVE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back