Meier Audio Porta Corda MkII Followup!
Jan 25, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #166 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hmaxim
In the previous thread regarding the Porta Corda Group Buy ( before it was closed )..we had a discussion going about power supplies. You might want to go and check it out before we are forced to rehash the whole thing again. There was plenty of info there.

If you're talking about me: I was pretty active in the thread back then, even made some suggestions that I dropped now
rolleyes.gif

@ lini: Doesn't say anything about regulated. And with the little power the pc mk2 draws, that walwart might go above 30V
frown.gif

-Taurui

Jan 25, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #167 of 242
Received it in Switzerland today! Thanks a lot PeterR, Jude and Jan.

It replaces my sold HA-1 MkII
frown.gif
until I get the Prehead MkII
600smile.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #168 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurui
@ lini: Doesn't say anything about regulated. And with the little power the pc mk2 draws, that walwart might go above 30V
frown.gif

Well, seems pretty much regulated to me...
wink.gif
It's a quite compact, but fairly heavy 3com unit, btw. (which is another indicator that it's regulated, 'cause hardly any computer or communications equipment likes its direct current served unregulated...), and it makes a solid impression. The actual output is some 22 V (that's without load except the two dmms I tried). I haven't checked for the ripple yet, though...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jan 26, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #171 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hmaxim
Anyone in the US receive thiers from the second batch yet?

I doubt anyone will see one till next week. Jude's last post talked about sending out 1/2 on Monday and the rest Tuesday. Someone might get lucky and get it Friday or Saturday. I'm flying tomorrow (3rd time since I ordered my PC) and had hoped to get mine by today, oh well. I'm still not flying with my Mint!
etysmile.gif
600smile.gif

Jan 26, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #172 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen
I doubt anyone will see one till next week. Jude's last post talked about sending out 1/2 on Monday and the rest Tuesday. Someone might get lucky and get it Friday or Saturday. I'm flying tomorrow (3rd time since I ordered my PC) and had hoped to get mine by today, oh well.

I'm flying Monday, traveling for over a week...hope mine arrives before then!!

Jan 27, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #174 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by GWN
How about an update for the Canadians. Paid my amp seven weeks ago and still don't have any indication of when I might see it.

I asked that a little while ago
smily_headphones1.gif
I think we need to ask Trevor directly.

Jan 27, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #175 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken_loo
smily_headphones1.gif

Pretty soon I imagine

If I understand correctly Jude ships all the Canadian orders to him, then he'll ship them out to us.

So hopefully (If customs doesn't hate on our amps) He'll get them early next week, and we'll be seeing them at the end of the week.

Jan 27, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #176 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken_loo
smily_headphones1.gif

I asked him today, and he said Jan shipped them already and should arrive by the end of the month, which should be pretty soon~~

Jan 28, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #177 of 242
Anyone from the US receive their shipment from the batch sent out by Jude this week? The waiting is killing me....
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back