Meier Audio Corda 2Move Loose Headphone Jack is By Design?
Jul 31, 2008 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pufftissue

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Just got a Corda 2Move in the mail and the headphone jack doesn't maintain a solid connection. It'll crackle and if I breathe wrong, the sound will shift only to the left ear.

This is with no battery in the amp (powered off of usb).

Then I read the manual and it says that you need a battery in there in order to physically keep the connection point strong. Why would this be an intentional design? I want to run it off of usb power as a usb dac as well and NOT have it drain my battery, which the manual says it will still run on battery even when running on usb power if there is a battery in the amp (b/c the battery is a 9.5v and the usb port is only 5v.)

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 9
I thought it ran off the wallwart if plugged in simultaneously with USB, but ran off USB if the battery was in? (If this is not the case, the battery in mine should be long-dead.)

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 9
Could be compression on the spring with the battery in flexes the board a bit and causes the headphone jack to be pressed more tightly against the case?

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could be compression on the spring with the battery in flexes the board a bit and causes the headphone jack to be pressed more tightly against the case?

Yes, keeping a battery in at all times absolutely does fix the problem for the reason you stated above, but tell me, do any other headphone amps require this in order to function properly? Why on earth would the design be this way?

Weird, but it states this right in the manual!

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 9
It's designed this way to prevent putting too much stress on the PCB while plugging in the jack. As you said when there's a battery there it'll work fine, I haven't tried without so I wouldn't know. But I read somewhere that it was to make the pressure on the PCB less.

The only problem so far (after 2 hours) is that I'm having difficulty closing the amp's back good, which is rather annoying.

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by SawaFish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only problem so far (after 2 hours) is that I'm having difficulty closing the amp's back good, which is rather annoying.

I also have this issue. Someone else said that the 2Move's back door is a huge improvement over the original Move. So I can't imagine what the Move's battery door was like. I can't close the back door quickly or reliably or with force. It's hard to do.

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 9
It's tough to close the back on the 2MOVE, yes. But, I think the improved durability as a result of the PCB not being directly attached to the front of the case is worth it -- it means you can't put undue stress on the jack by pulling or pushing improperly on your headphone connector.

Aug 3, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 9
He usually supplies 2 of these. If yours doesn't work why not contact him?

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #9 of 9
Shove a domino or something in there maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back