Meet 'Typical Headfier' Andy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #976 of 2,335

Quote:
I'm not usually this much of a prick, but seeing guys on /g/ with Stax rigs and Foobar2000 libraries filled with anime music makes my blood boil.

Darn right I'm jelly.

Hey!  You got a problem with anime soundtracks?
wink.gif
  Though, there are some well produced soundtracks out there that are quite good.  Yoko Kano is one anime music composer who has garnered quite a bit of praise for her work.  Her stuff is definitely high-end rig worthy(in my opinion of course).  Checkout a few tracks from Wolf's Rain and Cowboy Bebop and you'll see er, rather hear what I mean.
biggrin.gif

Dec 25, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #978 of 2,335

Quote:
The Cowboy Bebop OSTs (mainly The Seatbelts stuff) is some of my favorite music ever (not just anime stuff). It's very, very good.

Totally agree.  One of the best soundtracks I've heard, though Wolf's Rain's is my personal favorite. 

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #979 of 2,335
Don't forget Yuki Kajiura.

Her soundtracks are so awesome they get me emotionally involved in the show no matter how crappy the story is.

EDIT:

Here's my foobar.  This is on my 3rd monitor which is also my TV so I can listen while relaxing in bed.  I have a wiimote-like remote for my PC to control it.

Simple layout with my VST plugins (TB Isone, speaker and room simulator with crossfeed and HRTF and Voxengo Span, an FFT spectrum analyzer) visible.  Note the Yuki Kaijura playlist.

Do modded T50RPs and an Objective2 count as overkill?

In any case, I don't care because to me its about the music and not the recording.  If my hose was quieter and I could use open 'phones more often I'd probably have either some vintage Stax or an LCD-2 by now Since I'd probably enjoy them more, even if I don't listen to many "audiophile" recordings.

Dec 25, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #980 of 2,335
Don't forget Yuki Kajiura.

Her soundtracks are so awesome they get me emotionally involved in the show no matter how crappy the story is.

yes! i love her stuff and one of my favorite japanese composers. i have all her albums from every single anime she done. i might not watch anime much at all but i do love the music and soundtracks usually associated with it.

almost forgot as well....Merry Christmas everyone!

Dec 27, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #988 of 2,335

Quote:

I'm sensing a head-fi themed flow coming on...

Rippin' wax to FLACs,
To hear dem tracks with Stax.
At the backs the jacks
Of fancy amps on racks
Runnin' cryo-treated wires
That cost a grand plus tax.

Dec 27, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #990 of 2,335
Dump dem Beats, bro,
Can dem Bose.
They caint make music
As everyone nose.
Clean out dat wallet man,