Meet The FiiO M7: An Exynos 7270-Powered HiFi Music Player
Mar 31, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #781 of 792
Given that the M7 is now selling at a price less than the Shanling Q1, I'm wondering which of these two would be a better buy around $100. Which of these two has a better sound quality? I don't have any hard-to-drive headphones/IEMs, and I will be mostly using it with Koss KPH-30i & **** ****.

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #782 of 792
Since I´ve last updated my firmware ,the file manager app crash while trying to install a third party app, I´ve tried everything, wipe data, restore cache, reinstall file manager downgrade firmware but nothing works, also when a music file is selected also crash

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #783 of 792
Since I´ve last updated my firmware ,the file manager app crash while trying to install a third party app, I´ve tried everything, wipe data, restore cache, reinstall file manager downgrade firmware but nothing works, also when a music file is selected also crash
Dear friend,

Please try to install this file management app for help: click here.
How to install the app: You can copy the apk file of the qualified app to the player, then open the File Management app, locate and click on the apk file to install it.
You would need to remove the white list limitation first: go to "Settings -> General > About device" and tap 7 times on 'Kernel version' to remove the limitation,and then reboot the player.
You could also install the ES file explorer app instead of using the file management app: http://fiio-file.fiio.net/whitelists/estrongs.apk

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 14, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #784 of 792
Bringing the love back for the Fiio M7. I have two. A red and a black. One new and one second hand . Both been fantastic . Running all my sd cards full off Flac, mp3 music files. Using wired grado headphones or Bluetooth liberty 2 pro , and F9 pro iem. Also Bluetooth to Jbl charge 4 speakers. Etc.
Never had any issues. Both were good deals at the time . Not done any special updates , side apps etc
Don't need them ......just wanted to play my own music from cds.
So looking round to see what's out there now.......um not easy . All the different quality brands , and most having problems plus expensive.......hard work finding out . And no way to hear or even see first .
Even the Fiio m3. M3k & M3 pro. Not great . M3k £60 ...& M3 pro £120.......and both not great . Not even Bluetooth. And wouldn't need or use most functions.
M6 now hard to find , and M9 about £250 - 300.,
Wouldn't want the higher end more expensive daps. ...don't need the WiFi. Etc.
So there you go .....the M7 is just about right . For me at least.
Shame Fiio dropped these mid price daps ......Big shame ..........
I can see some sites selling the M7 still at upto £ 170 plus ............
Makes you think.

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #785 of 792
Bringing the love back for the Fiio M7. I have two. A red and a black. One new and one second hand . Both been fantastic . Running all my sd cards full off Flac, mp3 music files. Using wired grado headphones or Bluetooth liberty 2 pro , and F9 pro iem. Also Bluetooth to Jbl charge 4 speakers. Etc.
Never had any issues. Both were good deals at the time . Not done any special updates , side apps etc
Don't need them ......just wanted to play my own music from cds.
So looking round to see what's out there now.......um not easy . All the different quality brands , and most having problems plus expensive.......hard work finding out . And no way to hear or even see first .
Even the Fiio m3. M3k & M3 pro. Not great . M3k £60 ...& M3 pro £120.......and both not great . Not even Bluetooth. And wouldn't need or use most functions.
M6 now hard to find , and M9 about £250 - 300.,
Wouldn't want the higher end more expensive daps. ...don't need the WiFi. Etc.
So there you go .....the M7 is just about right . For me at least.
Shame Fiio dropped these mid price daps ......Big shame ..........
I can see some sites selling the M7 still at upto £ 170 plus ............
Makes you think.
I am enjoying my red M7 with the SHP-9500 very much. I have hesitated to update the firmware. but it worked fine out of the box, so...

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #786 of 792
Same here both work ok...not doing any updates. Been looking round for another one. But hardly any about. One with no feed back wants £170...... no way. Might just pick up a new fiio M3k for £60

Feb 15, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #787 of 792
Same here both work ok...not doing any updates. Been looking round for another one. But hardly any about. One with no feed back wants £170...... no way. Might just pick up a new fiio M3k for £60
I saw an official UK reseller selling M7's on the rainforesty marketplace for £135 as recently as last week. They had 11 in stock when I first looked, but they've all been snapped up.

AV-shop are selling M7's on their own website for £200.

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #788 of 792
Hi there, never heard about rainforest site ? Just shows you that people still want them. Fiio should have stayed with the M7. We don't all use streaming sites for music and wifi. Been reading up on most quality dap under 200 . But it's a minefield ...Some do this , some do that , some do stuff I'll never need ......lol

Feb 16, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #789 of 792
Hi there, never heard about rainforest site ? Just shows you that people still want them. Fiio should have stayed with the M7. We don't all use streaming sites for music and wifi. Been reading up on most quality dap under 200 . But it's a minefield ...Some do this , some do that , some do stuff I'll never need ......lol
I'm pretty sure you do know about the rainforesty marketplace (founded by Jeff Bezos). They have a subscription service called 'Prime'.

For various reasons, some lower priced (sub £200) digital audio players aren't in stock or sold by UK resellers at the moment. Some of the older products are clearly being discontinued without any replacement model.

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #790 of 792
I will take a look and see if i can find it. im not sure i have ever heard it before. But at this rate ill have to stick lol . Messaged someone today on marketplace about a so called new Hidizs 80 pro. £75 ..... But they only use bank transfer. Not pay pal. And to far to pick up etc .......
Had a google...but no good for me. Just brought up a login / join page ....No real info ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back