Meet The FiiO M7: An Exynos 7270-Powered HiFi Music Player
Apr 19, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #76 of 792
At least the M7 should be 149 USD but sadly its not. Fiio said that M7 is for specific people and to compete Sony NW-A45. Sony A45 is available for 220 USD and M7 is going 220-259 USD. So why anyone choose M7, just for the Exynos and Type C ? Sound out put wise both same .

Apr 19, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #77 of 792
At least the M7 should be 149 USD but sadly its not. Fiio said that M7 is for specific people and to compete Sony NW-A45. Sony A45 is available for 220 USD and M7 is going 220-259 USD. So why anyone choose M7, just for the Exynos and Type C ? Sound out put wise both same .
In the DAP market it seems Fiio are rushing headlong into a brick wall - especially with the like of Shanling, Hiby and Cayin, etc churning out great daps at super competive prices. Looks like Fiio are loosing grasp of the realities of dap market - they are no longer innovative nor forward thinking and will surely be losing their fan base. I guess its not the first time this has happened to some company who has been (dominating?) in a market segment for too long. Btw bought the Fiio X1ii as christmas present for my son last december (i was quite a big investment personally for me) and it has been a f..kng waste of money. Very frustating dap (UI wise) and with lots of bugs which have not been fixed yet - one of my worst regrets techwise.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #79 of 792
Apr 19, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #80 of 792
Apr 20, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #83 of 792
Can you already give us an idea on pricing (Asia/Philippines)? You can give it in dollars then I can just convert. Thanks!
Dear friend,

May be 200USD or so. The M7 hasn't be sold in Philippines currently. You may contact the seller about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 21, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #84 of 792
ak120II.jpg
M7 looks similar to Astell&Kern Ak120II but much more simplified. But Amoled screen, wifi and balanced out is missing.

Apr 22, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #87 of 792
Well, may be at least someone need to listen to M7, before everyone will discuss how big it’s failure is?
Or there are some experts, capable of describing sound by photos?
Some people DID audition it in CanJam NYC (Feb. 2018), CanJam Singapore (Mar. 2018) and CanJam SoCal (Apr. 2018).
Some (hopefully ALL) impressions are NOT based on photos :)
I did spend a few minutes with it in CanJam NYC, and was not impressed. It was not terrible by any means, but for the price - HiBy coming R3 is a better deal (on paper).
Sony's A45 (also auditioned at CanJam NYC) was better IMHO and priced a little cheaper.
Someone made a comment before that FiiO's only problem with the M7 is its price. I totally agree! For $150 it would be priced correctly (taking competing alternatives in the market).

Apr 22, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #88 of 792
Some people DID audition it in CanJam NYC (Feb. 2018), CanJam Singapore (Mar. 2018) and CanJam SoCal (Apr. 2018).
Some (hopefully ALL) impressions are NOT based on photos :)
I did spend a few minutes with it in CanJam NYC, and was not impressed. It was not terrible by any means, but for the price - HiBy coming R3 is a better deal (on paper).
Sony's A45 (also auditioned at CanJam NYC) was better IMHO and priced a little cheaper.
Someone made a comment before that FiiO's only problem with the M7 is its price. I totally agree! For $150 it would be priced correctly (taking competing alternatives in the market).

I didn’t heard M7 yet, but I really doubt that anything could be worse then Sony.
Anyway, I’ll unsubscribe this thread until M7 will be released and we’ll get something more constructive then current “l hate FiiO so M7 is bad” (I’m not about Zachik personally)

Apr 22, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #89 of 792
I didn’t heard M7 yet, but I really doubt that anything could be worse then Sony.
Anyway, I’ll unsubscribe this thread until M7 will be released and we’ll get something more constructive then current “l hate FiiO so M7 is bad” (I’m not about Zachik personally)
First, I totally agree with you on “l hate FiiO so M7 is bad” being a stupid and not constructive comment :)
Second, to my ears - Sony A45 did sound better than FiiO M7. I will caveat that it was in CanJam show floor conditions, so far from perfect quiet environment, and not A/B but rather a few minutes apart (and different music tracks).

Bottom line: not a totally fair comparison, but both were definitely in the same level (mid-fi). Sony, at the time, managed to impress me more, and cost less.

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #90 of 792
I have the Sony NW-A35 and while it's not bad, it does sound plain. It lacks the dynamics of most DAPs.

I wouldn't put it under mid-fi though, maybe budget-mid but definitely under mid-fi. I have yet to try out the NW-A45 but I hear that it's just a NW-A35 with USB dac capabilities.

Given the M7's price I would like to see it compared to the Xduoo X20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back