MEET IMPRESSIONS AND PICTURES - 2010 CanJam Chicago
Jun 13, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #406 of 549

Quote:
Equipment impressions below; typed from notes that were written down during CanJam. All music was on my own CDs except where noted.

I don't know if I would buy the JH-3A though, because it'd require a re-termination of my JH13 that would severely limit its use with only the JH-3A and no other amps.

Why the re-termination?   Is the JH-3A a balanced portable amp? (nice reviews)

Jun 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #409 of 549

Quote:
haha thats awesome, but where are you going to get the bias voltage?

That's easy, a third transformer fed off the high voltage audio signal (ac is just ac) which drives an input voltage limited 6-fold multiplier.  Something like this would work on pretty much any headphone amp and can be built as small as the transformers allow. 

Jun 13, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #410 of 549

Quote:
That's easy, a third transformer fed off the high voltage audio signal (ac is just ac) which drives an input voltage limited 6-fold multiplier.  Something like this would work on pretty much any headphone amp and can be built as small as the transformers allow. 

You need DC for the stator field, as far as I know.

Jun 13, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #411 of 549
Well, looks like I didn't miss much.
^_^

Seriously though, wish I was able to go.  Here's hoping that the next one will be in New England.

Jun 13, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #414 of 549
If were talking about it already - I think the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina would be a great place for the next one. NC has a strong Head-Fi community that supports these events well. I may be a little Biased. 
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 13, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #415 of 549
Even though it is quite a drive for me, there are a lot of Head-fiers in No Cal, like the bay area or San Jose it seems.  That should draw a lot of support and equipment from both Northern and So Cal.  That is if we are talking about it again.

Jun 13, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #418 of 549

Quote:
Even though it is quite a drive for me, there are a lot of Head-fiers in No Cal, like the bay area or San Jose it seems.  That should draw a lot of support and equipment from both Northern and So Cal.  That is if we are talking about it again.

Agree with this statement :D

Jun 13, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #419 of 549
Oregon I think would make a good cam jam. The washington people  could drive down and the no. cali. people could drive up.

Jun 13, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #420 of 549

Quote:
Oregon I think would make a good cam jam. The washington people  could drive down and the no. cali. people could drive up.

Amen to that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back