MEET IMPRESSIONS AND PICTURES - 2010 CanJam Chicago
Jun 7, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #196 of 549

Quote:
ECP Audio, www.ecpaudio.com.  Their amps looked great - I only got a brief listen with unfamiliar headphones, but I am going to arrange a review (they are local in Chicago).

www.ecpaudio.com is the right address but a dead end!?!
By the way, thanks for your comments on the Rudistor phones. I'm intrigued. I wonder if they really are RudiGrados...

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #197 of 549

Quote:
By the way, thanks for your comments on the Rudistor phones. I'm intrigued. I wonder if they really are RudiGrados...

That's the website listed on the card, but testing it, I got the logo and nothing else as well.  Best to send an email to the address I gave before.

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #199 of 549
I was very i9ntrigued by the RudiPhones.  Will be interesting to see what the final form factor is like.  The sound was sublime.  Definitely not Grado sound.

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #200 of 549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
That's the website listed on the card, but testing it, I got the logo and nothing else as well.  Best to send an email to the address I gave before.

Thanks for the comments guys.  Yes, in the rush to get amps ready for CJ, the website fell a bit behind.  :frowning2: I'll try to get at least some preliminary info up in the next couple of days.

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #201 of 549

Quote:
... The sound was sublime.  Definitely not Grado sound...

evil_smiley.gif

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #204 of 549

Quote:
Did anyone get the name and contact information for the Westone rep that was at Canjam?  I was sure I put his card in my wallet but now I can't find it anywhere.  I really loved the Westone UM3x and would have bought a pair on the spot, but they weren't setup for sales.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

It would have been awesome if I saw you at the CJam, you would have heard it balanced from a Protector
ksc75smile.gif
I have the UM3x with detachable cable  (a month old) which I'm willing to let go for $300, includes everything plus a personal bonus pack of T100 comply. My sights are set for funding the ES5s... let me know or hit me a PM :)

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #205 of 549
Hi all,

Just wanted to say how appreciative we are to head-fi for the chance to attend, and to all the members for stopping by. There was a ton of great gear at the show. Just in our room we had a great time chatting with Sennheiser & Music Direct, trying out the Etymotic ETY Earplugs plus much more. The new stuff from Rudi was out of this world and Nature Space recordings had us thinking about oceans and storms the whole flight back. And it was great to get to talk to so many members and other vendors!

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #206 of 549
Finally home!

Before I forget,.. MikeyMad. I did spend a good bit of time listening to the Woo Energizer box with the O2 and the LE. I thought it was very nice sounding but the differences between it and your spritzered box was pretty small IIRC. I'd have to say that the differences could easily have been the 300b's used. I think the mids with your set up was superior while the highs of the Woo were a tiny bit more open. The bass was about the same (sorry, no ES-1 slam here either).

I was pretty happy with the sound of jp11801's ExStata with my Jades though. It has to be the budget tube electrostatic amp for sure. Don't expect it to sound as good as something with a little more juice with the O2's though. It was pretty dark sounding with them and really lacked the snap that I love electrostatics for.

I think the two amps of the show for me was Nikongod's Silver Ghost and the new Pinnacle. I listened to both with the HD800's and they were just heaven. Funny, I preferred the kinda raw '50's look of the Silver Ghost to the 'just another black box with valves' look of the Pinnacle. I wish I'd remembered to go downstairs and listen to the Balancing Act that was set up there on Sunday before I'd listened to the Pinnacle but that's show biz. From previous long listens to the BA, I'd say that the it's a more accurate sounding amp while the Pinnacle is a little more romantic sounding. The Silver Ghost has nothing to be ashamed of compared to these two big dollar amps. Of course it would probably get up there if you wanted to build it commercially.

Aside from the obvious JH-16/3 combo which almost belongs in another category IMHO (a category of dedicated amp/headphone which I hope to be seeing more of), I can't say I was knocked out by any of the newcomer cans.

Overall, I did more yakking to friends than ever before.
Man,.. "too good of a time" kind of sums it up.
I got a chance to get to know some of the members that I'd only briefly met at other events and also tons of folks I'd never seen before.
I think the stories will be endless on this one!

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #208 of 549

Quote:

" ....really lacked the snap that I love electrostatics for."

did you try the LCD-2 or HE-6?  Since you are a big stat fan....just curious :wink:

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #209 of 549
SiBurning, great Pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back