Meet DUNU's Newest Addition to Our Modular Cables, AMBER!
Aug 25, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #136 of 150
Does anyone know if the Amber comes with a lightning adapter? On Dunu’s website it’s not showing. But the DUW-02S says it’s there but it’s not selectable. Thx.
I believe the Amber comes with the new Q-Lock Lite adapter system and there is no lightning adapter yet. The DUW-02S is using the older quick switching mechanism for which there is a lightning adapter. The two systems are different and not interchangeable.

Aug 25, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #137 of 150
I believe the Amber comes with the new Q-Lock Lite adapter system and there is no lightning adapter yet. The DUW-02S is using the older quick switching mechanism for which there is a lightning adapter. The two systems are different and not interchangeable.

Yes, although I’ve never had the chance to see them in person yet, I do love how those Q-Lock adapters look. Either the “Standard” or the Lite. From all the comments I’ve read, seems like great work from Dunu.

My doubt was if Dunu would make a lightning adapter for the Lite version included in the Amber. And also, on the DUW-02S, having the standard version, on the website, I can select MMCX or 2-pin but on “Digital plug” it says “none”.

I’m not buying a separate 02S as I’m waiting to get the Vulkan but an Amber with lightning would be great. And also useful for my other IEMs.

Man, I can’t wait to get the Vulkan in my ears...

Aug 25, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #138 of 150
Yes, although I’ve never had the chance to see them in person yet, I do love how those Q-Lock adapters look. Either the “Standard” or the Lite. From all the comments I’ve read, seems like great work from Dunu.

My doubt was if Dunu would make a lightning adapter for the Lite version included in the Amber. And also, on the DUW-02S, having the standard version, on the website, I can select MMCX or 2-pin but on “Digital plug” it says “none”.

I’m not buying a separate 02S as I’m waiting to get the Vulkan but an Amber with lightning would be great. And also useful for my other IEMs.

Enjoy the Vulcans man. They are really well tuned!

Aug 25, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #140 of 150

The 2 digital terminations work with all the standard Q-lock cables and are sold seperately. The Amber is the first with the Light system and there are st present no digital termination for this system

Aug 25, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #141 of 150
The 2 digital terminations work with all the standard Q-lock cables and are sold seperately. The Amber is the first with the Light system and there are st present no digital termination for this system

Yup, got it. But on Dunu’s website, for the DUW-02S, there is a box for you to add the digital termination when choosing options, but it just says “None”. And I can’t see them being sold separately on the website...

Aug 25, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #142 of 150
Yup, got it. But on Dunu’s website, for the DUW-02S, there is a box for you to add the digital termination when choosing options, but it just says “None”. And I can’t see them being sold separately on the website...
I bought the digital terminations seperately a couple of months ago.

On the front page there is an option to buy them

BB0621EF-4150-477E-BACC-B28714E36F22.png

Aug 25, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #143 of 150
I bought the digital terminations seperately a couple of months ago.

On the front page there is an option to buy them

I see them now. I’ll wait for the Vulkan and then I’ll get the adapter. Thanks a bunch.

Still no reason for the option box when you try and buy the 02S if they’re only sold separately. And that’s a big IF.

Sorry for the off-topic since this is an Amber thread and that’s Q-Lock Lite. But we gotta know.

Edit: also, the website (mostly the products in the store) looks different on my iPhone than it does on my older iPad. On the iPad I can’t see all the products. And that’s obviously not Dunu’s fault. It’s my 2014 iPad.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #145 of 150
Last edited:
Aug 30, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #146 of 150
@Sebastien Chiu , can you please clarify on Amber availability, aliexpress Dunu store doesn't have them, bunch of other aliexpress sellers list them, so does https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ where I was able to place order few days ago. Will I even get it?

We still have a few units left from the direct shop on our site. If there order went through there, you will get it.

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #148 of 150
Just lovely, much better than OEM "rope" supplied with ThieAudio Monarch MKII.
20220909_183839_1.jpg
Can't deny the thickness of Monarch Mk2 cable, just hope thickness equals quality. I also got my Amber for my Z1R.

Sep 21, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #149 of 150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back