Meelectronics sp51 vs Hippo VB? Whats the difference between the two?
Jul 27, 2013 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Bassheadspl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i am wondering if the Meelectronics sp51 has the same amount of subwoofer bass like the Hippo vb? Does the Meelectronics sp51 crackle at high volume when amped? To me they look almost identical to the hippo vb, the external design is similar, also with the changeable ports.

Jul 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 9
The reviews here might help you to compare them: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-290-iems-compared-earsonics-sm64-added-07-23-13-p-735

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #7 of 9
Nice find!

No need to give me credit. It's popular. Everyone that has been on head-fi awhile knows about it :)

For comparing IEMs, you might also check out head-fi member ClieOSs website. He maintains a smaller list with numerical ratings: http://www.inearmatters.net/2009/01/list_01.html. Then if you search his site, you'll find reviews for those IEMs.

So I generally look at what ClieOS and joker (the other review list) have to say in their reviews and pick IEMs from there. Those guys just have so much experience comparing IEMs that I can get a good idea how they sound compared to each other. Then I google head-fi and the make/model number of the IEMs I am interested in to see if there are any other discussion or review threads.

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #8 of 9
Telefunken are better than VB, more detailed, more comfy, better made and still has some kick-ass bass

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #9 of 9
Talk about an about-face!

l was experimenting on my old Meelectronics SP51 last night and made a new discovery!

So, whoever owns the Meelectronics SP51 and has spare small foam tips from Sidy must try this!

Configuration:
1. Meelectronics SP51
2. Small foam tips from Sidy
3. Black tuning port

The small tips will fit a person with medium ears perfectly because of the wider and longer nozzle and the small housing of the SP51. Fits perfect in my medium size ears!.....Note: If you use large ear tips? Than try the medium foam tips to get the fit needed. 

But, get a load of the sound!

Try it with my configuration above!!!

Results: Beautifully balanced, clear mids and highs, clean sub-bass and mid-bass, and great soundstage! No harshness, sibilant and treble peaks. Just a smooth, open and spacious sound signature!

Who ever owns these, just try it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back