MEElectronics M6 vs. MEElectronics M6 with Microphone/Remote
May 18, 2011 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chunky McNasty

New Head-Fier
I have decided to buy a MEElectronics M6 when I noticed there was also a MEElectronics M6 with Microphone/Remote available. Is there a difference between these two in terms of sound quality and durability? And also is the Microphone/Remote of decent quality? I have an iPhone and the Microphone/Remote would be very convenient, but if it isn't as durable as the M6 with out the headphone, I might just buy the one with out the headphone.

With Remote                                                                                         Without remote

Thanks 

May 18, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 6
Anytime you're adding another piece of hardware (the mic/remote), you're going to be more prone to something failing on the headphones.  The sound is exactly the same, but you're just getting more functionality with the added downside of another part to break.  So it's all about choosing what is most important to you.

May 18, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #3 of 6
Sound quality is unchanged, but build quality is slightly decreased. The mic/remote becomes the weak link. What is normally a very sturdy cord now has weak spot where the remote is. The problem is that there is no strain relief on the mic like you would find on the plug or the housing where the cable terminates. It is nothing to be too concerned about as long has you take good care of your IEM's (I have had the M9P for 6 months with not problems.), but at the same time, if I do not need the mic, I generally do not get it for this reason.

May 18, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #4 of 6
The mic on the M6 doesn't work too well, read some of the reviews on Amazon (USA). It's not simply a build quality issue, some people reported that it just simply doesn't work (glitchy in some cases).

May 18, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #5 of 6
^Yeah, that is true. MEElectronics is good about sending a working one though if you defective unit. Still, it is another reason to avoid the mic version unless you actually need it.

May 18, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #6 of 6
I got a M2 as a freebie from Meelec and it has mic with it. The sound is unbalanced that the one with mic has lower volume and it is very noticeable, but as a freebie I can't complain and I use it with my phone at home sometime. It is working quite well for hands free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back