MEElectronics M6 mini reveiw.
Jan 13, 2011 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

WhiteCrow

Is not fooled by rapper-endorsed products.
Well I just got these bad boys in the mail and think they are great, downside my ears are shaped super strange like and I have a very hard time finding the correct position to fit them in my ears along with the right tips. the sound if pretty goof for the price, I feel that they are a bit to bassy. nice case and packaging. I'll give them a week and if I don't like them send them back for a refund.over all just from the 20 min I've been listening to them I would give the sound a 6/10, build 7/10, comfort a 9/10*when they fit right* and over all value a 7/10 but like I said I will give them a week.

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Yah, I feel ya on the fit problem, but they are very nice once you get it right :)
So what color did you spring for?

clear hahaha, low profile for school. as for the build they feel solid, and are very small so it seems like they would be hard to break.

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #5 of 9
Well I think I'm going to return them. Nothing wrong with the sound just the fit is so damn annoying, I cant get a proper seal on both sides, its either one or the  other and it just sounds awfle like that.

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #7 of 9
I found the stock tips to be really dodgy in means of seal, so I had picked up a pack of Monster Supertips to try. The hybrids are way more comfortable compared to the stock tips, and the foam tips in the pack were even moreso. I am not one for foam tips but they did seal very nicely first try.  Using these tips has even cut down the sometimes shrill highs that I get from my m6's.

I find when putting these in my ears, it is best to stick the tip into my canal with the guide tilted about 45 degrees towards my face. Insert the tip then turn the whole piece so that the guides hook my ear. As I do this I keep my mouth open to make sure the seal is deep.

Other than that, these are a nice set of iems for the budget minded.

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #8 of 9
Agreed, they're a great set of budget IEMs, my go-to pair especially while working out or commuting. I thankfully get a very good fit with the stock tips, so the seal has never been an issue. I do want to try out some foam tips, but I will in due time. 

Apart from that, especially with the burn in, I personally feel that the sound has improved and smoothened considerably. These are second only to my Monster Turbines (which cost a LOT more) in terms of bass.

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Well I think I'm going to return them. Nothing wrong with the sound just the fit is so damn annoying, I cant get a proper seal on both sides, its either one or the  other and it just sounds awfle like that.

If you do return them, try the M9. I get a much better fit with those, and the sound is pretty good too :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back