MEElectronics Air-Fi Matrix2 AF-62 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
Dec 4, 2014 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fatestkid

Head-Fier
Hey all,

Long time lurker and I thought I would contribute. I am not sure where to post the review so I'll post it here. I didn't see much posted about these headphones so here is my first impression.

I ordered them from Costco for $88CDN Shipped. 

Tested with Nexus 5 (no aptX) and Google play music app. Well worth the money if Bluetooth is your requirement.

1. NFC pairing didn't work the first time. Had to do manual pairing with blueooth. From OFF hold power for 8 seconds and headphones will go in pairing mode then just search for bluetooth devices on your phone and viola
    1. After the initial pair NFC works great. Turn on Headphone, Touch phone to left cup and musice starts playing
  2. Sound: Much Much better then I expected from a bluetooth Headphone. It is fun, not critical. Not super immersive but just enough to keep you listening. Its not as fun as my shure SE215, Not as balanced or clear as my Westone 3 but they are In ear monitors and these are heapdhones. The sound from these sounds like your music is a little far away from you, rather than right in your face. Also you have to turn it up to uncomfortable levels to hear any real bass. This may change with burn-in and equalizer settings. 
  3. Comfort: Good for headphones I think, they are light, no fatigue after half hour. The pads aren't super comfy but they don't hurt either. My ears are getting a little hot, but I sort of bought them for the Canadian winter so I don't have to wear ear muffs.
  4. Quirks
    1. (1) Phone media volume and headset volume seem to work independently. seems like a hassle 
    2. (2) The Fwd/Rwd are track skip (back or forward) only, they won't actually forward or rewind a song. 
    3. (3) I couldn't get the calls to go through the headset until I received a call. After that outgoing and incoming are going through headset properly. Might be android issue
    4. (4) I can't activate google now with the headset. This may not be a quirk but and android functionality. Will investigate later.
  5. I haven't really tested call quality yet since I am a loner .... maybe i'll call tech support..... 
    thread-wink-16.png
  6. I haven't tested them with the wire yet, because well I bought them for bluetooth first and foremost

I also ordered the IEM AF-72 so I'll post first impressions on that once its delivered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back