MEElec M9 broke! What to get next..?
May 24, 2011 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BassThor

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been avoiding the head-fi scene in fear of my wallet.. But now! I have reason! And desire! To get my hands on a new IEM.

My beloved M9 died the other day you see... Now now, dont worry it was quick and painless as the cord got caught on a doorhandle as I was running into the kichen.. Oh snap..

So! I was wondering if you guys know of any IEM's that have similar sound signature to the M9, or something even better!?

I like that bass, but would love better mids/high's than what the M9 so kindly gave me.

Budget: 50$.

Hope you can help me out! \(^-^)v

May 24, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 2
Well if you like the M9's sound signature you should probably just look into MEElectronics other M Series IEM's. They have three new models the M31 (MSRP $50), M21 ($40), and M16 ($25). My summery would be M31 = basshead, M21 = balance, M16 = budget. You might also consider the older M11+ which sounds very similar to the M9 only without recessed mids and better treble. Personally, I of all of those I would go for the M21--and I would for good deal on it, I have seen for around $20.

If you want to try something totally different, MEElectronics has new Clarity Series which is more balanced and less V shaped like the M Series. Those are just your options from MEElectronics though, there are plenty of other options out there and I am sure someone will come along and suggest them to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back