MEE M6
Jan 8, 2010 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

stingx

100+ Head-Fier
Just received the MEElectronics M6 I ordered from Newegg and spent a few hours listening to my favorite flac files. I really like these IEMs. I wasn't sure if I would like the memory wire but they are really quite comfortable. The three flanged tips fit my canals just fine and once in place these badboys need not be cranked. Form the seal and you have wonderful depth of field. Anyway, back to listening...

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #2 of 15
Looks like it is indeed the new version of M6, where tri-flanges replace the foams they used to include. You got a pouch instead of a hard case (shown in newegg's image), right?

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 15
Pouch was included with the new M6, yes. On the other hand, the wiring is much better. I do a fair bit of walking in my commute and, in fact, just realized this morning walking to the office how there is no thump present at all from cable movement. I'm very impressed with these headphones, especially considering the price. Once you have the memory wire set to your liking it is fairly easy/quick to get the phones on and off. Again, I didn't think I would like the around the ear wiring but I am happy I chose the M6 over the M9.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #4 of 15
I am the same case as stingx i love them. I used them whole weak while i were skiing and they were great
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 15
After five days of extended play, these things are SICK! Listening to Deep Purple right now - Knocking at Your Back Door (flac) - and I feel like I'm sitting in with the band. Geez, I keep forgetting how much I paid for these.

Edit: Harrison's Let It Roll never sounded soooooooooooo good!

May 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #6 of 15
They sound even better amped.

May 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #7 of 15
I just got mine in the other day. Mine came with the tri-flanges and a hard case. Anyway, they're pretty much awesome. I mainly listen to trance these days so that might be part of it. I also got the m9's, and while they're good as well, the m6 is definitely a step up. My only complaints are that the highs are recessed a bit, noticeably so compared to the m9, and that the bass is a little bit sloppy. I'm hoping these issues will resolve themselves with burn-in.

May 2, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #8 of 15
Yeah, it'll get better.

May 7, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #9 of 15
I bought the M9P from MEElec.com for $27 to go with my iPhone, but I couldn't live with the SQ even though I tried to like them for almost a month. MEElec let me exchange them out of the 14 day return policy for the discontinued dark red M6 model. It took me about six hours to decide I really like them paired with my Sansa Clip. I like them more than my Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5vi, because they sound more fun and are more comfortable. The memory wire is so convenient whereas the Super.fi 5 wire wouldn't stay in place around my ear. I've also had the Super.fi 5's for over a month, but they haven't grown on me and probably never will. I always feel disappointed when I start to listen to them and it takes me a couple songs to finally get used to them. : ( The Super.fi's are still useful paired with my iPhone, but ultimately I like the M6's better I just wish they had a mic and in-line controls.

May 7, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
 and that the bass is a little bit sloppy. I'm hoping these issues will resolve themselves with burn-in.

I had the same worry at first. The bass was a tad sloppy. I still loved them, but wished the bass would tighten up with some burn it. I can tell you they absolutely will. Bass on these is very good now. I have about 100 hours of pink noise and 50 hours listening. My Klipsch are on the shelf now. Amazing they only cost me $30. I would have been happy with them at $60 or $75. Good job Meelec.

May 7, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #12 of 15

Quote:
Always remember the fact that M9 and M6 have the same drivers...

I don't believe that's entirely true as of the last revision. I have reason to believe that the tuning is not identical in the current incarnation of the earphones.

Dec 20, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #13 of 15
Just got some in from amazon for < $20. They're definitely better than anything else I've bought in the sub $50 price range. Once the bass calms down a little after burn in, I believe these will be the perfect workout phones. Don't isolate like my ety's but definitely will get the job done! Zero microphonics, which is what I was looking for. I'm happy with my purchase..

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #14 of 15
Picked these up direct from mee during their facebook event.  The sound is great so far with the exception of the highs going in and out as I move my head.  Tomorrow I'll be playing with the tips to see if I can clear this up.  I work in a computer lab and they do a good job blocking out the fan noise from the hundreds of computers around me.  Better yet they block out my co-workers too!

For reference I got a zippered case, large and small triple-flange, bi-flange, and s/m/l normal tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back