MEE Audio Pinnacle P2
Aug 29, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #37 of 82
Ever used the Shure SE215? I want to know how do they compare.

I do have the SE215 on hand but haven't listened to them for a while, from memory I think the P2 sounds nicer with better end to end extension and detailing, the fit is also top notch since they are shaped very similarly to the P1 but are much lighter. The P2 sounds pretty close to the P1, it is generally smoother throughout but with less resolution and highs are similarly quite aggressive but well detailed. They are a bit warmer and are significantly easier to drive. THe SE215 is more low-end skewed with more upfront lower mids and increased upper bass presence. The SE215 has a much more polite treble response which some may prefer but I feel that it is a bit dull for my tastes. The P2 unfortunately does not come with the same cable as the P1, the new unit is one of the worst I've used, thankfully it is easily replaceable.

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #38 of 82
Well, thanks to that coupon, I ended up buying them.. and I'm still waiting for the Massdrop PX as well. Will it ever end? :)

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #39 of 82
Someone recently requested comparison with the Kinera H3, thought I would post it here too in case it helps some people out:

Both earphones are completely plastic but feel solid in the hand. The Pinnacles are a little more solid, they’re the same weight but much smaller. The P2 is more comfortable and fits both cable up and down. Both have a removable cable, MMCX on the P3 and 2-pin on the H3, the cable on the H3 is far softer and more compliant while the P2’s cable is very rubbery and has a lot of memory. The P2 is more balanced while the H3 is considerably more v-shaped, bass is more prominent with considerably more slam and increased mid-bass fullness. The H3 has more midrange clarity but sounds a bit thin, the P2 sounds a bit dry but more natural than the H3. Both have a brighter tonal tilt with scooped lower mids and more upper mid presence, the H3 to a greater extent due to their greater bass and treble presence. Both also have somewhat spiked treble, the H3 more so making it more aggressive. The P2 is a more aggressive earphone in its own right but treble is more even than the H3. I feel that the P2 will be more forgiving of lower bitrate files since it is less aggressive and generally smoother than the H3. If you want more engagement, the P2 might be a bit lean for your tastes where the H3 really flourishes. Both are similarly technical, the H3 might have a slight upper hand on raw detailing and definition though time will tell.

Aug 31, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #40 of 82
Great. I'm sold.
Just ordered the P2 on MeeAudio web site (thanks for the $25 off coupon, btw.)

I was looking around at the $100 range IEMs, mostly new Chinese IEMs brand. A lots of them seem very tempting.

After some digging around, some common themes kept coming up:
1. QC issue
2. immature sound tuning
3. gimmick (or false) advertising
4. poor (or not existing) customer service/tech support (at least for English-speaking inquiries)

Yet, basically the majority of IEMs are made-in-China these days. So it's not a problem of manufacturing, but R&D and Business Practices.

For sure Chinese IEM companies have come a long way, but it seems like it will still be awhile for Chinese IEMs reach the maturity level of that from Japanese or Western audio companies. (Purely personal opinion, YMMV)

For now, my vote (with my money) goes to Pinnacle P2.

Aug 31, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #41 of 82
I just got my P2s a few days ago, I'm a very happy P1 owner and I was looking for something I didn't have to drag an amp/DAC along to listen with the best performance. I'm still letting them burn in (yep, I know that's heresy to some, but it made a huge difference with the P1s). But of course I had to listen to them a bit. The bass is bumped a bit, the soundstage doesn't go on forever like the P1s, but that might change as I roll tips. I like the sound a lot. I got them on the sale so I'm taking the price into account overall. The one huge negative is the cord - to be quite frank, it really sucks. It may be one of the worst ones I've seen. It's stiff and I can't get the bends out of it. The thickness drags it off my ears constantly, as I'm wearing it over ears. Thankfully I have the one from the P1 set with the cord controls and I finally gave up and switched it over. Not only is it quite a bit more comfortable, but the sound is better. I don't know what Mee was thinking, maybe it's just my preference, but I doubt it.

I'll post more impressions as I get used to them.

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #42 of 82
Yes, the cable is by far the worst I've had. It is thick, rubbery, with the strangest memory ever. And way too long, in my opinion.

Good thing is it is replaceable. It is my biggest negative with them.

Other than that, they are a smooth pair of IEMs. I could see them being compared to the 1More Triple Drivers, though I like these more, because the P2 is a little bit brighter to me and vocals are not as recessed as the 1More.

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #43 of 82
We need to hear the P1 and P2 with a P1 cable on it and see how close they are :)

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #45 of 82
I just got my P2s a few days ago, I'm a very happy P1 owner and I was looking for something I didn't have to drag an amp/DAC along to listen with the best performance. I'm still letting them burn in (yep, I know that's heresy to some, but it made a huge difference with the P1s). But of course I had to listen to them a bit. The bass is bumped a bit, the soundstage doesn't go on forever like the P1s, but that might change as I roll tips. I like the sound a lot. I got them on the sale so I'm taking the price into account overall. The one huge negative is the cord - to be quite frank, it really sucks. It may be one of the worst ones I've seen. It's stiff and I can't get the bends out of it. The thickness drags it off my ears constantly, as I'm wearing it over ears. Thankfully I have the one from the P1 set with the cord controls and I finally gave up and switched it over. Not only is it quite a bit more comfortable, but the sound is better. I don't know what Mee was thinking, maybe it's just my preference, but I doubt it.

I'll post more impressions as I get used to them.

Couldn't agree with this more, why couldn't they just use the P1 cable! I only have the silver plated P1 cable, I didn't find it to transform the P2, but it did sound a little cleaner and separation and resolution were slightly improved. The differences between the two models obviously comes down to more than just the cables though the P2 does provide a lot of the same enjoyment of the P1 at half the price. To my ear, the P2 is actually a little more balanced, they aren't quite as aggressive in the highs and bass is more balanced with treble. I feel that lower mids are slightly more scooped on the P1 where the P2 is a little more even in the midrange but still sligthly v-shaped overall. After a bit more testing, I've come to appreciate how much easier the P2 is to drive, it is far less source sensitive than the P1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back