MEE Audio Pinnacle P2
Jul 19, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #76 of 82
Unfortunately I do not have P1...
I always ask for the review sample to be from a production batch, so it is not different from the actual thing.

I mean, most companies surely won't bother to change the construction of a review sample, and will send a random unit to a reviewer, makes sense to not spend too much time processing this.

I didn't say anything about getting a free product different than those that are sold. What I said is that since you guys want to keep on getting those freebies you write you reviews accordingly so a rather bad cable becomes a quite good one for example. :wink:

I got the P2 used (as new) for £30 and I don't think it was much of a bargain.

Jul 19, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #77 of 82
I didn't say anything about getting a free product different than those that are sold. What I said is that since you guys want to keep on getting those freebies you write you reviews accordingly so a rather bad cable becomes a quite good one for example. :wink:

I got the P2 used (as new) for £30 and I don't think it was much of a bargain.

I don't think so, at least for me...

I tend to be absolutely neutral about stuff simply because my reviews are far more relevant this way :)

P2 cable is springy to me, but not hard or microphonic. I have a somewhat high threshold of what a microphonic cable is, considering IE800 is something I use and get along with, so this may play a role, but for example, EN700, which had a really tangle-prone cable, is something I talked about very openly :)

You see, the whole purpose of writing about something is helping others figure if it will work for them. I would probably wonder if there has been any new batch of P2, or if there's been a batch with a different cable, becuase it wouldn't make much sense for the cables to have changed otherwise.

Also, you need to take experience into account as well, I see you also have EN700Bass in there, you didn't find their cable to be pretty tangle-prone?

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #79 of 82
I don't think so, at least for me...

I tend to be absolutely neutral about stuff simply because my reviews are far more relevant this way :)

P2 cable is springy to me, but not hard or microphonic. I have a somewhat high threshold of what a microphonic cable is, considering IE800 is something I use and get along with, so this may play a role, but for example, EN700, which had a really tangle-prone cable, is something I talked about very openly :)

You see, the whole purpose of writing about something is helping others figure if it will work for them. I would probably wonder if there has been any new batch of P2, or if there's been a batch with a different cable, becuase it wouldn't make much sense for the cables to have changed otherwise.

Also, you need to take experience into account as well, I see you also have EN700Bass in there, you didn't find their cable to be pretty tangle-prone?
Every one of your reviews are 4.5 or 5 stars or maybe all 5 stars? Anyway, that's not the reality of things. I'm sure there are others getting samples too, and I don't read their reviews or care to read them. The smarter ones know what reviews to take seriously or not. Don't think we don't know what goes on.

You can keep doing this. I won't read them.

Also, everybody should be wary of threads full of reviewers. I would not even consider those iems.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #80 of 82
Every one of your reviews are 4.5 or 5 stars or maybe all 5 stars? Anyway, that's not the reality of things. I'm sure there are others getting samples too, and I don't read their reviews or care to read them. The smarter ones know what reviews to take seriously or not. Don't think we don't know what goes on.

You can keep doing this. I won't read them.

Also, everybody should be wary of threads full of reviewers. I would not even consider those iems.

What do you mean?

I have tons of 3 stars or less reviews :)

As for P2, this one is not excellent for me personally, I think I explain this pretty clear actually (?).

Here are some more critique reviews :)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-ba10-knowledge-zenith.23310/reviews#review-22078

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/flare-audio-jet-2.23327/reviews#review-22065

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hidizs-ap80-dap-player.23736/reviews#review-22060

For a product to get less than 3 stars, it would mean it is like really really poor and totally not desirable by anyone. This is because I don't gauge my own tastes here, but evualte the product on an overall level. On an overall level, everything works for someone, this is why I write the review, more stars don't mean it will be better for anyone, but that it is a good overall product. For you subjectively, there may be a better option always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back