MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Apr 4, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #2,746 of 3,265
Orivetti Basic is pretty much what the P2 is, the $99 junior/lower version. They are filling that important price point but I really doubt other than being easier to drive it won't make anyone feel they overpaid for a P1:) I think the hybrid M7 Pro is more interesting actually.

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #2,749 of 3,265
Orivetti Basic is pretty much what the P2 is, the $99 junior/lower version. They are filling that important price point but I really doubt other than being easier to drive it won't make anyone feel they overpaid for a P1:) I think the hybrid M7 Pro is more interesting actually.

How do you know this? As far as I know, the only thing anyone really knows about it is what it looks like, and everyone is jumping to conclusions simply because it looks plastic.

If you have an actual source please share, but I'm pretty sure it's all speculation based on one picture and one sentence from Mee posted on Instagram or Facebook.

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #2,750 of 3,265
They were on display at CES, where the $99 price was talked about, how they are warmer tonal balance and higher sensitivity. Mee even had a page on them but it is down now with talk of being for the use on the go and out of phones and they gave the talk being "good enough" that audiophiles won't be missing much kind of thing. One example...

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php/shows-events/ces-2017-las-vegas-usa/212-ces-2017-features/668-ces-2017-cool-earphones
"MEE Audio’s $199 Pinnacle P1 earphones, which I featured in last year’s CES report, sold well among audiophiles, but some bristled at their price and the fact that they demanded the use of an amp or a good portable music player. The new P2 earphones answer those objections with a lower price, higher sensitivity, and a somewhat warmer tonal balance. Considering the P2s include Comply foam tips and detachable cables with MMCX connectors, the $99 price looks like a pretty good deal."

Also search the CES thread on Head-fi. Should be in the meetings/trade shows forum.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #2,751 of 3,265
I stand corrected. The last I had read anything about them was just that there was that one picture, they were aiming for a more consumer friendly signature and that they would be easier to drive. Never saw anything about the price tag, which certainly would indicate that these are aimed lower in the market. Thanks for the info!

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #2,752 of 3,265
Well dang it. Back up to $199....Had them in my cart last night then literally fell asleep on the deal....Woke up today in sadness. I really don't need to spend the money anyways....But I wanted to lol.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #2,753 of 3,265
Even at $199 they are a steal.

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back