MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Apr 5, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #2,764 of 3,265
I bought mine off Amazon with the FiiO Q1 for $199. I really like the Q1, it's like a poor man's Ha-2.

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #2,765 of 3,265

Something like a very small bit of JB Weld applied with a toothpick then seat it (the nozzle) and wipe off any excess immediately. Don't apply too much. You Don't want it traveling inside. JB weld is incredibly strong when set About 24 hrs.,  it is also conveniently in this case gray once you mix it.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Thanks so much I am going to try that.

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #2,767 of 3,265
First post and long time lurker... (off and on for last 5 yrs)

Just wanted to say I jumped on the p1 and q1 deal on amazon and finally got them today. Really liking them so far. I'm a newbie for sure but have had ety hf5's and and pair of sennheisers and klipschs. The hf5's blew me away but lacked the bass of the sennheisers. These seem to bridge some of that gap for me but still playing around with things. Does anyone workout with these? Not sure I want to and may look for the p2 for the gym.

Btw... I read through all 185 pages and it served to get me more excited for these while I waited to receive them. Thanks for all of the amazing information on these great iem's! :beers:

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #2,768 of 3,265
First post and long time lurker... (off and on for last 5 yrs)

Just wanted to say I jumped on the p1 and q1 deal on amazon and finally got them today. Really liking them so far. I'm a newbie for sure but have had ety hf5's and and pair of sennheisers and klipschs. The hf5's blew me away but lacked the bass of the sennheisers. These seem to bridge some of that gap for me but still playing around with things. Does anyone workout with these? Not sure I want to and may look for the p2 for the gym.

Btw... I read through all 185 pages and it served to get me more excited for these while I waited to receive them. Thanks for all of the amazing information on these great iem's! :beers:

I would not use the P1 for the gym...:grimacing:

I use my MEE M6 Pro's for working out. Not quite the same sound, but good fit, but fiddle memory wire with better bass, IMO. They are certainly adequate for work outs.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #2,769 of 3,265
I would not use the P1 for the gym...:grimacing:

I use my MEE M6 Pro's for working out. Not quite the same sound, but good fit, but fiddle memory wire with better bass, IMO. They are certainly adequate for work outs.

Thanks! I will probably pass on the gym... don't think I want to take a chance with these... I bought a pair of beats iem a couple years ago on sale and wish I would have taken the 50$ and spent it somewhere else...

I've got a lot of travel coming up and looking forward to using the p1!

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #2,771 of 3,265
Thanks! I will probably pass on the gym... don't think I want to take a chance with these... I bought a pair of beats iem a couple years ago on sale and wish I would have taken the 50$ and spent it somewhere else...

I've got a lot of travel coming up and looking forward to using the p1!

What are y'all doing to your headphones in the gym?? I used to use a set of se846 in the gym and managed to sell them here on head-fi without a single bit of damage on them. 

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #2,772 of 3,265
Anyone using these iems with a android based dap? 

I am powering it through ibasso dx80 and i am loving everything, but i guess i will go to android based daps because of streaming addiction. Do you have any experience with any of them whatsoever?

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #2,773 of 3,265
  Anyone using these iems with a android based dap? 

I am powering it through ibasso dx80 and i am loving everything, but i guess i will go to android based daps because of streaming addiction. Do you have any experience with any of them whatsoever?

I run mine out of a DP-X1, most of the time without an external amp. What's your concern about an Android-based DAP?

My other option is a iBasso D14, same implementation, basically, but with the Android interface. I don't notice anything negative going on due to the wi-fi or the operating system. In fact, the DP-X1 is clearly a better DAP, IMO.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #2,774 of 3,265

I run mine out of a DP-X1, most of the time without an external amp. What's your concern about an Android-based DAP?

My other option is a iBasso D14, same implementation, basically, but with the Android interface. I don't notice anything negative going on due to the wi-fi or the operating system. In fact, the DP-X1 is clearly a better DAP, IMO.

Thanks for your answer.

My only concern is power, i switched to dx80 because fiio x3 wasn't enough. And i don't want to let that happen again, so i am asking for experiences from people. Thanks for your reccomendations, i will dig into them!

Cheers.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #2,775 of 3,265
The Fiio X3ii has plenty of power for the P1.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back