MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
May 21, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #1,246 of 3,265
Any modifications will void your warranty. Enjoy!

Not if you are only taking a little burr off...I wouldn't worry about a small cosmetic change voiding the warranty. Beats the hassle of sending it back and having the manufacturer do it.

May 21, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #1,247 of 3,265
I've just gotten started with these. I'm looking for advice on tips.
I haven't opened the packaged tips yet, in case I need to return.

Here's my experience so far.
Spin fit- I just don't like. No isolation and anemic bass.
Dual flange from old Mee kit- better isolation but bass still a little weak
Sony hybrid - great deal/isolation and the bass finally showed up. However, the top end is a little muffled.

Any suggestions for what else to try? Are the included tips any better?

May 21, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #1,248 of 3,265
Was looking at buying the Cayin 5... anyone match P1 with it? I'm not sure my Topping NX2 is the right amp for these.

Cayin C5 amp or N5 DAP?

Generally speaking, I prefer using the Fiio E12A with earphones. While the Cayin C5 amp is great, it appears to be just too powerful for them IMO. 

If he's talking about Cayin C5 amp, I heartily agree. I loved the sound but it was far too powerful for IEM IMHO. I could only use it between say 2-3 out of 10 on the volume dial. Louder than that, and it got to painful level very quickly. N5 gives very similar sound in DAP form with loads of power and much more fine control over volume.

posnera: Have you tried stock triple flange? That's what I'm using.

May 21, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #1,250 of 3,265
I've just gotten started with these. I'm looking for advice on tips.
I haven't opened the packaged tips yet, in case I need to return.

Here's my experience so far.
Spin fit- I just don't like. No isolation and anemic bass.
Dual flange from old Mee kit- better isolation but bass still a little weak
Sony hybrid - great deal/isolation and the bass finally showed up. However, the top end is a little muffled.

Any suggestions for what else to try? Are the included tips any better?

I use the enclosed Comply's. I have never had good luck or sound quality from anything silicon. Good seal, enhanced bass (slightly), good comfort and fit. YMMV.

May 21, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,251 of 3,265

definitely it will void!

Removing a tiny burr?   No, it most definitely would not.  Let's not proliferate bad information.  Manufacturers can legally only void warranties in which the fault was caused by the modification.  That's not opinion, there's legal precedent for it. 

For those interested in such things; 
"Under federal law, the merchant must prove that a defect was caused by the alteration in order to void a written warranty."
http://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer-transactions/what-will-void-a-warranty-.html

May 22, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #1,252 of 3,265
  Removing a tiny burr?   No, it most definitely would not.  Let's not proliferate bad information.  Manufacturers can legally only void warranties in which the fault was caused by the modification.  That's not opinion, there's legal precedent for it. 

For those interested in such things; 
"Under federal law, the merchant must prove that a defect was caused by the alteration in order to void a written warranty."
http://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer-transactions/what-will-void-a-warranty-.html

thats new! best is not to alter and enjoy the p1 hehe

May 22, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #1,255 of 3,265
My advice would be the same as Bowie--if you like the sound and want to keep them, if not, send them back and get your money back (if under warranty). A little bit of sanding isnt that hard to do really. I build rc models and my own speaker systems (wood) so lots of sanding.If you dont want to try it, do you have a DIY-type friend? I agree, physical pain negates any enjoyment of the sound.

May 22, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #1,256 of 3,265
My advice would be the same as Bowie--if you like the sound and want to keep them, if not, send them back and get your money back (if under warranty). A little bit of sanding isnt that hard to do really. I build rc models and my own speaker systems (wood) so lots of sanding.If you dont want to try it, do you have a DIY-type friend? I agree, physical pain negates any enjoyment of the sound.

this is possible?

May 22, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #1,257 of 3,265
Got my P1's in from Jet yesterday. They are getting burned in on a balanced cable with my Pono. After an initial listen they seem like ER-4's with an exaggerated bass (in a good way). Excited to see how they sound after burn in. Also, they are retail packaged and perfect. Not worried about the connector issues, as I picked up a square trade warranty for them. If they die, I get my money back and buy from Amazon. For $114 they are pretty outstanding.

May 22, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #1,258 of 3,265
Got my P1's in from Jet yesterday. They are getting burned in on a balanced cable with my Pono. After an initial listen they seem like ER-4's with an exaggerated bass (in a good way). Excited to see how they sound after burn in. Also, they are retail packaged and perfect. Not worried about the connector issues, as I picked up a square trade warranty for them. If they die, I get my money back and buy from Amazon. For $114 they are pretty outstanding.

114 is a bargain buy!
got mine at 200 though

May 22, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #1,260 of 3,265
Cayin C5 amp or N5 DAP?

If he's talking about Cayin C5 amp, I heartily agree. I loved the sound but it was far too powerful for IEM IMHO. I could only use it between say 2-3 out of 10 on the volume dial. Louder than that, and it got to painful level very quickly. N5 gives very similar sound in DAP form with loads of power and much more fine control over volume.

@posnera: Have you tried stock triple flange? That's what I'm using.

Hey, yeah I meant the Cayin c5 amp. I'm getting very bored of my Fiio e10 DAC. It's just... boring sounding with any headphones or IEMs I have. Not musical, too clinical. I've been looking at Cayin C5 and the Little Dot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back