MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
May 18, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #1,156 of 3,265

So the problem is with the MMCX connectors in the P1 or with the cables? 
Anything with the serial number? Shouldn't it be far bigger than early models (if it is from a 2nd batch)?

I think it was more of a problem with the MMCX connectors in the P1. I could be wrong. I had that issue after a week of owning them. Tried swapping the cables, the second cable worked for half a day, then failed. Basically the audio kept cutting in and out from one channel (with the original cable) and just cut out altogether (with the microphone attachment cable). I contacted MEE Audio and they had me send in the P1's as well as both cables.
My serial number is in the 400's, so it was an early one I'm guessing.

May 18, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #1,157 of 3,265

At least one person reported some differences observed in the newer batch:

Can anybody else who got theirs exchanged corroborate these findings?

I think after my exchange, what @ExpiredLabel said was true. The new cables took less effort when inserting them into the P1. Either it's the cables themselves or they did something with the mmcx connectors on the P1 itself (or on both). I didn't notice the lightness and size of the cable, but I didn't really pay attention to it if I'm honest.

May 18, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #1,158 of 3,265

I think it was more of a problem with the MMCX connectors in the P1. I could be wrong. I had that issue after a week of owning them. Tried swapping the cables, the second cable worked for half a day, then failed. Basically the audio kept cutting in and out from one channel (with the original cable) and just cut out altogether (with the microphone attachment cable). I contacted MEE Audio and they had me send in the P1's as well as both cables.
My serial number is in the 400's, so it was an early one I'm guessing.

Thanks. My serial number is in the 500's and the package was brand new. Gonna check the sound today. Can you elaborate more about the cutting in and out effect, was it noticeable?

May 18, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #1,160 of 3,265

Thanks. My serial number is in the 500's and the package was brand new. Gonna check the sound today. Can you elaborate more about the cutting in and out effect, was it noticeable?

It was very noticeable. With the silver plated non-microphone cable, I used it for a week with no issues. After a week, both channels would start cutting in and out, I would hear popping and distorting. I would keep adjusting the cable from my phone (thought it could be my jack). Sometimes it would solve the issue, sometimes not. Eventually it just stopped working altogether. I tried it with a different source, same issue, unless I moved it in a certain way, then it would work with no issues. I tried using the mic cable, that worked for half a day, then both channels would completely cut. I tried it again with a different source, and the right channel was hollow sounding, lower volume and a bit distorted compared to the left which sounded normal.

I got my replacements pretty quickly, send out the defective ones. That was about a month or 2 ago now, and havent had that issue. Now I'm enjoying my P1's...they're definitely amazing.

May 18, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #1,162 of 3,265
I think it was the connectors themselves (2 cables going bad within 48 hours? I don't think so), but have no way of knowing whether it was the connectors on the P1 itself or the connectors on the cables that were possibly just poorly manufactured. Maybe someone else here knows. MEE never told me what the exact issue was. Either way, if you happen to have an early batch and run into problems, MEE will quickly send you a replacement P1 and cables, and you just ship them the old ones, no problem.

May 18, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #1,164 of 3,265
Well I fear the Jet ones may be a grey market batch of bad products. I'll check my serial when they come in. Thanks for the info.

No problem!
smily_headphones1.gif
...hopefully you don't but if you do I would definitely contact MEE and check with them.

May 18, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #1,165 of 3,265
Well I fear the Jet ones may be a grey market batch of bad products. I'll check my serial when they come in. Thanks for the info.

I've got the same concern (mine arrive tomorrow).
I guess I'll keep fiddling with them, reconnecting the cables to see if I can "create" the fault.  If they survive the first 30 days, I would hope that they won't die after that.

It would be disappointing if MEE (or their manufacturer) had dumped their faulty stock to a non-authorized reseller.  The whole Jet.com price seems very odd to me.  They are reselling them through DeepDiscount (who I've purchased from before) but the DeepDiscount website has them listed at the usual $199 retail price.

May 18, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #1,166 of 3,265
Well, Rakuten sold them for a similar price (minus the 15% discount) and they appeared to be legit. Mine arrived in a sealed package as well.   

May 18, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #1,170 of 3,265
This way or another, the P1 earphones did eventually come out of their own facilities/factory lineup. The fact they have reached into the hands of some unauthorized dealers, shouldn't be changing their (Mee Audio) overall responsibility, IMHO. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back