MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Apr 26, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #932 of 3,265
It might be the quality of the music I am listening to (rarely higher than 320kbps), but my only gripe about the P1 is that the mids, especially in female vocals, feel slightly recessed to me.  The sub-bass feels slightly lacking as well.

The upside of this sound signature would be that the P1 is that its so non-fatiguing I can listen to it for hours and hours.  I actually do find myself grabbing the P1s more so than Shure 530s lately, but I do miss the liquid mid if I listen to it for too long.

I'm not so sure about the 500 retail - but I would definitely put them in the ~300 dollar (market price) category.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #933 of 3,265
It might be the quality of the music I am listening to (rarely higher than 320kbps), but my only gripe about the P1 is that the mids, especially in female vocals, feel slightly recessed to me.  The sub-bass feels slightly lacking as well.

The upside of this sound signature would be that the P1 is that its so non-fatiguing I can listen to it for hours and hours.  I actually do find myself grabbing the P1s more so than Shure 530s lately, but I do miss the liquid mid if I listen to it for too long.

I'm not so sure about the 500 retail - but I would definitely put them in the ~300 dollar (market price) category.

They are pretty amazing for the price. I really like the sound, and can concur that the mids do sound a smidge recessed. But it does not bother me because they are so smooth!

Amazing, indeed.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #934 of 3,265
definitely.
dita is a refined P1 basically but here I pay close attention to price to performance ratio. Is it worth to pay an extra grand for the DITA? Well if you have the $ go for it otherwise the P1 is good to go. Cheers.
I have both the 1 plus and p1. As a vocals lover, the 1 plus is better than the p1. However, there is trade off between musicality and technicality. Honestly up to your preferences.Cheers

This is great news to hear, in all honesty I've personally been extremely pleased with its performance coming out of the Aune M2S+B1, leaving little more to be desired. You sir have saved my wallet, cheers!

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #935 of 3,265
This is great news to hear, in all honesty I've personally been extremely pleased with its performance coming out of the Aune M2S+B1, leaving little more to be desired. You sir have saved my wallet, cheers!
glad to be of help to you. It is crazy to be paying an extra grand for just a tiny bit of extra sonic performance.

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #938 of 3,265
No lie, my past enthusiasm for this company paid off on this recent slight unknown. However, after being at this end of the user experience and completely satisfied, I'll gladly throw my money at what ends up being their next top tier to the table. ESPECIALLY if they decide to go with dynamics again. Of course I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to go a different way as well.

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #939 of 3,265
No lie, my past enthusiasm for this company paid off on this recent slight unknown. However, after being at this end of the user experience and completely satisfied, I'll gladly throw my money at what ends up being their next top tier to the table. ESPECIALLY if they decide to go with dynamics again. Of course I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to go a different way as well.

I started with the M6 Pro, which I still own and love; and now have the P1. After 4+ months of ownership, it is my daily driver and basis of comparison for all others which come my way.

Completely satisfied and loyal, I am! Just superb sound.

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #940 of 3,265
I started with the M6 Pro, which I still own and love; and now have the P1. After 4+ months of ownership, it is my daily driver and basis of comparison for all others which come my way.

Completely satisfied and loyal, I am! Just superb sound.
yes but more towards price to performance ratio :)

Apr 27, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #941 of 3,265
Can't will till my P1 arrives :) count me in as a huge MEE fan. Loved the A151 2nd gen but fit issues forced me to let of of it eventually. Today I received the X7 Plus bluetooth iem and I kid you not but it sounds better than many wired headphones I have heard!

Makes me really excited to see how the P1 sounds! Guess I will find out soon enough :wink:   Got my spotify playlists ready to go 
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #945 of 3,265
Thank you! @nmatheis @RedJohn456

I am taking few weeks off from work so I am hopeful I will get better soon.

Do any of you guys with the HD800 find the sound signature of P1 similar to HD800 like me? 

To me, it is almost spooky how P1 sounds so much like my SuperDupont modded,
Cardas Clear wired HD800, I am almost questioning my ability to hear things accurately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back