MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Mar 16, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #586 of 3,265
Thes​e iems are incredible and in my opinion some others wchich are going to sound "natural" are likely to sound artifical. I just cant imagine they have too much bass (maybe subbass could be more prominent) and mids are simply stunning in my opinion. I imagine some people want to add little more warmth and weight to the sound but remember its not  the end of the game for 199USD. There is also lack of information of dac/dap you arer using to with it. Synergy is in many cases a sweet point to recognize potential of iems/headones and I found P1 to scale very well.wit​ sources.  ​

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #587 of 3,265
still unsure how mee audio managed to pull it off at $199. For a product like this, easily $600+
goes to show how other products are overpriced

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #588 of 3,265
I just ordered my pair! After everything I've been reading, I think I'll like these.

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #590 of 3,265
The P1 is very different. The 535 has a very open and wonderful mid-range. The P1 is better extended in both directions and more balanced. It doesn't match the 535 mid range (not many IEMs do), but the highs are better and the bass is more extended.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #595 of 3,265
How is P1 compared to Ortofon e-q8? I know price range is kinda different. But I listened Ortofon e-q8 so it's hard to me to compare it to the others IEMs.

From memory, the e-q8 will be a litltle more mid forward with more bite and crunch for rock guitars. The p1 is push back a little further and has a richer and fuller midrange. P1 treble has more sparkle and is more extended. The Ortofon bas was pretty linear and fairly neutral from memory. The P1 bass is a little warmer, a little more extended with more overall impact and presence.

I eventually sold the e-q8 but did love it for rock music. One of my favorites. But I like the p1 even more. It's fuller and richer presentation is a little more forgiving but also sounds larger in scope and more realistic.

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #596 of 3,265
My P1's came today...#0952. First impression, is OK, but of course they are brand new....breaking them in now. Large Comply's are my choice at the moment.

These take quite a bit of power to run right now...my 6+ is one notch shy of full....All that said, I do like them. From opening the box, to putting together, it is like Christmas!

*Amended!* OK, listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan's "The Sky is Crying" seals it already...these are damn good phones...:thumbsup:

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #598 of 3,265
My P1's came today...#0952. 

Mine came today, #0954! Haven't had the chance to listen yet, looking forward to it. We are serial number neighbors :)

I don't have any amps whatsoever. I may get one for these. So, does anyone wanna recommend a good starter amp for these? Please keep in mind I am an actor and therefore, poor. My sources are universally crap - onboard integrated audio on my computer, iPhone 6s. I'd like something that's ideally very portable since I am on the move a lot.

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #599 of 3,265
Mine came today, #0954! Haven't had the chance to listen yet, looking forward to it. We are serial number neighbors :)

I don't have any amps whatsoever. I may get one for these. So, does anyone wanna recommend a good starter amp for these? Please keep in mind I am an actor and therefore, poor. My sources are universally crap - onboard integrated audio on my computer, iPhone 6s. I'd like something that's ideally very portable since I am on the move a lot.

Congrats, neighbor! As for amps, my only experience is with the Fiio's A3 and E6. The A3 works well with my Fiio x3ii, and the E6 works well with my 6+. I really like both of the amps, and combined they were $75+/-.

The A3 is a pretty wonderful piece of kit, I especially like the bass boost, and it has a low/high gain setting. I use the high setting mostly. The E6 has four different EQ settings: flat, bass boost, mid boost (adds bass, too), and a reduced input, which they say is to prevent clipping at high volumes. I use the mid boost.

From experience reading this site, the Topping nx2 rates well, also. Good luck, and congrats!

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #600 of 3,265
Added my humble opinion about this great earphones http://www.head-fi.org/products/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1-high-fidelity-audiophile-in-ear-headphones-with-detachable-cables/reviews/15513

Users who are viewing this thread

Back