MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Feb 11, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #3,152 of 3,265
These Moondrops seem to be interesting. How's with its isolation? My Aune E1 would be perfect, but even with custom tips too much traffic noise slips to my ears :frowning2:
Insulation on the Kanas Pro is not very good since they are vented and you can actually hear quite well what is oing on around you when not playing music.

EDIT:
I have been paying attention to that while riding the bike in the city.
I actually appreciate to hear a little bit of ambient noise while moving about traffic - it is minimal but I feel it reduces the risk dramatically if you get some acoustic clues about what is going on around you.
Not sure how I will like it on the airplane, but even there I liked how the NightOwl full size HPs allowed me to realize when there's an announcement. Preferences...

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #3,156 of 3,265
Volume should be ok, however P1 requires a lot of power to achieve proper driving and control. With my smartphone (Redmi Note 4X) subbas was licking even more and dynamics were not so great. With Shanling M3s was better, but iFi Nano BL showed that P1 needs juice to show the best sound.

Feb 21, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #3,158 of 3,265
Mine does - iPhone SE.

Feb 28, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #3,159 of 3,265
Are there any other iems <$200 that sound as natural as the p1 and have the same level of comfort? I am looking to explore other options.:beerchug:

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #3,160 of 3,265
Are there any other iems <$200 that sound as natural as the p1 and have the same level of comfort? I am looking to explore other options.:beerchug:

I have a Moondrop Kanas Pro, which is smoother, has much more sub-bass, lots of detail and separation in the mids and IMO a more open soundstage.
The P1 in comparison has more energy in the treble, which can make it sound more aggressive (in a good sense).
One thing I learned to do is to run frequency sweeps to check for peaks and valley in the subjective frequency response, and the P1 has strong peaks and valleys in the treble and rolls off relatively early in sub bass. The Kanas Pro is more even.
If you like smooth and detailed with generally neutral balance but strong bass when asked for, the KPE looks like a very good option.
I greatly prefer it to the P1

Other „hidden gems“ are said to be the Sony EX800ST and the JVC HA-FD02, both said to be very close to 1000$ TOTL level.

Disclaimer: limited experience with IEMs, but I own the KPE and have the EX800ST and HA-FD02 coming...

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #3,161 of 3,265

IMO my Audeo PFE 111 are close to P1. They isolate not as much as P1. However, BA driver provides faster attack, subbas is not lacking and Audeo does not have piercing peak in trebles. P1 has better soundstage, but they are much more difficult to drive.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #3,163 of 3,265
Comes down to preference (signature). For me personally - I prefer it to the P1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back